Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit

Options
  • 16-05-2018 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭

My mother has gone into a nursing home after a recent  fall.
    Whats the procedure for her setting up a direct debit to pay for the nursing home?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

blade1 wrote: »
    My mother has gone into a nursing home after a recent  fall.
    Whats the procedure for her setting up a direct debit to pay for the nursing home?
    Thanks.

Hi blade1,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear of your mothers fall.

Please check with the nursing home as a direct debit would be set up by them and not by yourself. You would normally provide your account number to them in order to have the direct debit set up. If we can help you with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thanks Sarah, I appreciate that. 
    The girl in the local branch  told me my mother would  need to come in and set it up face to face. 
    Seeing  as my mother broke her pelvis and has a zimmer frame and still needs an assistant,i am fuming that  that was the only solution  giving  to me by her. 
    I'm not sure if you are aware of what's involved when a family  member needs 24hr care, I've enough on my plate without a BOI employee  leading me astray  with false information while adding tension  to a difficult  time for us already.
    Frankly it's not good enough.

Thanks Sarah, I appreciate that. 
    The girl in the local branch  told me my mother would  need to come in and set it up face to face. 
    Seeing  as my mother broke her pelvis and has a zimmer frame and still needs an assistant,i am fuming that  that was the only solution  giving  to me by her. 
    I'm not sure if you are aware of what's involved when a family  member needs 24hr care, I've enough on my plate without a BOI employee  leading me astray  with false information while adding tension  to a difficult  time for us already.
    Frankly it's not good enough.

Hi blade1,

We're sorry to hear this and for any confusion on this matter. Was the advisor perhaps explaining how to set up a standing order going from your mothers account? This would require her to fill in and sign a form if she doesn't have 365 Online banking.

A standing order would be a set payment amount going from her account on a certain date each month for example. Whereas a direct debit payment is something a company can set up on their end, by providing her account details to the company and the amount can vary from month to month.

Please check with the Nursing home which type of payment they are looking to set up, whether it is a standing order or a direct debit payment.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks Sarah. 
    I'll be talking  to the Nursing Home later. 
    If it's a standing  order, what do we need to do? 

Thanks Sarah. 
    I'll be talking  to the Nursing Home later. 
    If it's a standing  order, what do we need to do? 

Hi blade1,

You can set up a standing order on 365 Online if your mother has her account registered on this. If so, select the Manage Accounts option on the left hand side and then Manage Standing Orders, then Set up a New Standing Order.

If she doesn't have access to 365 Online, please print out our Standing Order form and ask your mother to sign this, which you can then bring into your local branch or post it to the address on the form. It's not necessary for her to call in to the branch in person. If she is unable to sign the form, a letter from the Nursing home should suffice in order to ask the branch to have the standing order set up. Please bring the letter into your local branch and an advisor will be happy to help you. 

Please find the Standing order form on our website here https://www.bankofireland.com/app/uploads/assets/Request-for-a-new-standing-order-form.pdf and please let me know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

My mother may need to transfer funds from her BOI savings account to her current account to cover possible future payments.
    Is there an online form that can be printed out to do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi blade1

Thanks for coming back to us.

With some of our deposit accounts your mother can provide a written request to transfer to the current account. Although if account opened with BOI365 Online, it can be withdrawn from when logged in online. Just to mention, it will not be possible to set up a standing order from a deposit account to a current account.

As our withdrawal procedures can differ between our deposit accounts we feel it would be best to discuss this directly with an Advisor within her Branch, you can call 0818 365 365 or visit a nearby Branch. They can check the options available to you on the type of deposit account your mother has with us.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi Alison.
    No online banking for my mother.
    The transfer from savings account to current account would be a one time lump sum.
    Is there a form for my mother to do that.
    As stated earlier she is immobile at the moment so her going to the bank is no no at the moment.

Hi blade1

The procedure to withdraw depends on the account type your mother has with us.

To transfer online, your mother would need to login to www.365online.com and not all deposit account types can be withdraw this way. It's difficult to give a direct answer here as we do not know the type of account your mother has.

The majority of our deposit accounts can be withdrawn from in a Branch. Your mother would not need to visit the Branch to do this. She can write a letter asking for a sum of money to be transferred from the deposit account to the current account, she will need to sign the letter and you can bring this into a Branch on her behalf.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi blade1

The procedure to withdraw depends on the account type your mother has with us.

To transfer online, your mother would need to login to www.365online.com and not all deposit account types can be withdraw this way. It's difficult to give a direct answer here as we do not know the type of account your mother has.

The majority of our deposit accounts can be withdrawn from in a Branch. Your mother would not need to visit the Branch to do this. She can write a letter asking for a sum of money to be transferred from the deposit account to the current account, she will need to sign the letter and you can bring this into a Branch on her behalf.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    I previous post dhosho have said no online banking for my mother.

• Advertisement

Thanks blade1 for getting back to us.

As your mother has no online banking and would not have set up an online deposit account,  her deposit account withdrawals can be made by written request.

You can draft up the letter requesting the transfer and ask your mother to sign it. The letter request can be posted or handed into a nearby Branch.

If you would like a call from Advisor within your mothers Branch, please let us know. We would be happy to arrange this to offer you some support. We could send you a private message here on Boards and you could reply back securely with your mothers full name, Branch and a contact number for you.

We hope your mother is feeling a little better.

Many Thanks
    Alison

If I'm am posting a transfer request do I send it to our local branch or somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi blade1,

If the deposit account was opened in a branch, the letter will need to be sent to that particular branch.

Thanks
    Tara

That's great, thanks Tara.

Advertisement