Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Ipad Replacement

Options
  • 16-05-2018 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

i left an ipad in to be repaired as it was faulty under warranty there response was
    Fault has been confirmed and replacement device has been ordered.

Your Apple limited warranty is now extended by 3 months but since you did buy device directly from Apple you can qualify for consumer law service (assuming you have the receipt) for a number of years for the price of €89 only (any repair excluding accidental/physical damage). So you shouldn't have any issues with coverage.

Can someone explain what the above means ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

It doesn’t make sense.

If it’s under warranty. You can get it repaired free of charge. If your warranty is coming to an end for example tomorrow. It will be extended by 3 months.

If you want to claim consumer law. You claim it vi the store you bought it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Fol20 wrote: »
    It doesn’t make sense.

If it’s under warranty. You can get it repaired free of charge. If your warranty is coming to an end for example tomorrow. It will be extended by 3 months.

If you want to claim consumer law. You claim it vi the store you bought it from.

I bought it from Apple,

torrevieja wrote: »
    I bought it from Apple,

Did you buy the replacement from apple or your original from apple. If your trying to claim consumer law then you need to make that with whatever store the original device was bought from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Did you buy the replacement from apple or your original from apple. If your trying to claim consumer law then you need to make that with whatever store the original device was bought from.

I bought it from Apple i got it repaired Harvey Norman but they gave me a replAcement

Claiming Consumer Law does this suddenly extend ur warranty ?

Can somebody explain this please

https://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

it doesnt automatically extend warranty. You will basically have to dispute your product is not fit for purpose when you bought it originally. the fact it has been repaired once will help your case if its the same issue again, but there are no guarantees you can get it replaced free of charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

https://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

it doesnt automatically extend warranty. You will basically have to dispute your product is not fit for purpose when you bought it originally. the fact it has been repaired once will help your case if its the same issue again, but there are no guarantees you can get it replaced free of charge.

It’s been replaced, not repaired. . New warranty will automatically be in place. 2yrs minimum & arguably more under ICL considering the product and cost?

The pros will chime in I’m sure with definitive guidance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dodzy wrote: »
    It’s been replaced, not repaired. . New warranty will automatically be in place. 2yrs minimum & arguably more under ICL considering the product and cost?

Original purchase date normally applies. No 2 year minimun, it doesm’t exist in Ireland. Sale of Goods Act is in force from the date of original purchase.

dodzy wrote: »

Original warranty applies as already mentioned

Advertisement