Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recurring dream

Options
  • 16-05-2018 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

I love this sub and really enjoy reading about other peoples dreams. I find it bizarre and exhilarating that we basically enter another reality when we sleep. I am a vivid dreamer. I rarely dream about people or places that really exist. My dreams are mostly populated by people and places that only exist in my dream realm.
    Over the last ten years or so I have noticed a recurring theme in my dreams. This doesn't happen in all my dreams or even most but often enough. It involves a journey and a party. The party is never any good and the bulk of the dream is always either traveling to or away from it. Sometimes I have a dream companion but more often than not I am by myself. The fun part of this dream is that I make great progress on my journey. The means of travel vary but a good example would be I start off driving a car really fast down a big road. Then the road suddenly narrows into a track but that's ok because my car is now a bike and I'm pedaling away goodo. The track disappears and suddenly I'm in the water but thats ok because I'm swimming like michael phelps, etc.
    I love having this dream. The whole adapting to the changes in terrain feels really positive. However I can't understand why the party is always present when I have this dream. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yester wrote: »
    I love this sub and really enjoy reading about other peoples dreams. I find it bizarre and exhilarating that we basically enter another reality when we sleep. I am a vivid dreamer. I rarely dream about people or places that really exist. My dreams are mostly populated by people and places that only exist in my dream realm.
    You should be a fictional writer Yester. Novels. Cool material from dreams.
    Yester wrote: »
    Over the last ten years or so I have noticed a recurring theme in my dreams. This doesn't happen in all my dreams or even most but often enough. It involves a journey and a party. The party is never any good and the bulk of the dream is always either traveling to or away from it.
    I travel a lot. Part-time work. Have recurrent travel dreams.

Advertisement