Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silvercrest USB grabber driver

Options
  • 17-05-2018 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭

I pulled out an old Lidl SC USB grabber (IAN49045) that I had put away. The laptop W7 cannot find the driver. I've a feeling the CD that came with it is long gone . I put the IAN code into Lidl's site looking for a driver but it seems to be discontinued.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

If all else fails you could try it in a Linux Virtual Machine.
    Last time I tried in Linux it was supported natively.
    Or maybe try a Live DVD first to see if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

FanadMan wrote: »

Thanks. I did. My model isn't there. I tried installing drivers from other models on that page but they just go to 75% and abort

If all else fails you could try it in a Linux Virtual Machine.
    Last time I tried in Linux it was supported natively.
    Or maybe try a Live DVD first to see if it works.

The only thing I have in Linux is the satellite reciever with a TB drive. It'd be great if I could plug the VCR into that but I doubt it's possible.

sligojoek wrote: »
    The only thing I have in Linux is the satellite reciever with a TB drive. It'd be great if I could plug the VCR into that but I doubt it's possible.

No.
    The suggestion was to run a Linux session on your PC ..... either from a live DVD/USB or as a VM, and see if the device is recognised and usable when plugged in.

EDIT:

I dug out an old VG2000 and plugged it into a Linux PC and it was immediately recognised
    It has Article number DT32973 on it but it is not in the list linked to above, so probably pre-dates 2011 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Have you checked your TCP/IP settings ?

s8n wrote: »

No. how would I go about that? What should they be set to?

s8n wrote: »

How is that relevant?
    Please explain, thanks.

No.
    The suggestion was to run a Linux session on your PC ..... either from a live DVD/USB or as a VM, and see if the device is recognised and usable when plugged in.

EDIT:

I dug out an old VG2000 and plugged it into a Linux PC and it was immediately recognised
    It has Article number DT32973 on it but it is not in the list linked to above, so probably pre-dates 2011 :)

Thanks John. I've never used anything but windows. I think I'll send it to the recyclers . I can't find the sowtware disc and there are newer units available fairly cheap online .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

sligojoek wrote: »
    No. how would I go about that? What should they be set to?
    https://www.umass.edu/it/support/ethernet/check-your-computers-tcpip-settings

• Advertisement
Advertisement