Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend electric folding scooter for end of commute (Mod Note Post #1)

Options
1626364656668»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Guards can and do seize them. New legislation inbound though making them legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Some factual finding on accidents involving e-scooters

If not currently legal to use on a public road, why are they even allowed??
    Saw one this morning in the middle of the lane with a line a traffic being delayed behind it. Should they be confiscated if used publicly until it's legal to use one on the road?

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2021/0524/1223683-escooter-injuries/

They are confiscated but they will be legal in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

They're handy yokes, might get one myself if they're brought out of the grey area.

Guards can and do seize them. New legislation inbound though making them legal.

That was my understanding also- however - from the above article-

It is not legal to use e-scooters under current road traffic road traffic law, but Minister for Transport Eamon Ryan has said new legislation is on the way to regulate their use.

So now I’m rightly confused

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I literally saw a Garda car pass a woman on an escooter last week. The squad had to move out to overtake the scooter but they then both continued on their merry way. So it seems it is likely down to luck whether you get stopped or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Is the m365 the go to model for these, liking at upcoming legalisation? Any recommended alternatives or retailers?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Alkers wrote: »
    Is the m365 the go to model for these, liking at upcoming legalisation? Any recommended alternatives or retailers?

The Ninebot max is the current all-rounder king. It's the spiritual successor to the M365

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    The Ninebot max is the current all-rounder king. It's the spiritual successor to the M365

Beefy price too, was hoping to spend less than 500e!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭STEE

I seen an advert for these things in the Evening Herald on tuesday for 599 euro from independent.ie store. Checked it out and it says 499 on the website They have some brand called Veloci https://shop.independent.ie/products/up-veloci-electric-scooter Anybody know if this is a decent make of scooter ? Do I need tax & insurance ? How do I go about it ? just call into the local gardai station ???

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Moved helmet discussion to own thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058189421

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

What's the best e scooter on the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ramirodelojo

I can't wait for it to finally get warm so I can ride to and from work on my scooter that I bought that year. Honestly, it's almost my favourite time of day to get home not by underground or bus, but by scooter. Plus I was choosing from fast electric scooters, so it's cool with the speed. I get home in about 25 minutes, which seems to me the best option for the warm season.

Post edited by liamog on

Advertisement