Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Based Drummer Available

Options
  • 17-05-2018 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

I am 25 years old, based in Dublin and have about 10 years of experience as a drummer.

I'm working a 9-5, weekends off so something similar so we can put in the time is preferable.

My interests range from Reggae to Rock and Jazz to Metal.

I listen to all the big names,

Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, Biffy Clyro, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Queen, Elton John, Muse, Foo Fighters, Megadeath, Pearl Jam, Bowie, Placebo, The Talking Heads, Bob Marley, The Beatles, Arctic Monkeys, AC/DC and a few others, but I can appreciate just about anything.

For the past two years, I've been in a band with a few college friends but as it goes one's now heading off to Canada, another is working on making a video game and the singers/songwriter is still making up her mind on what she wants to do so, it's time to look for something new.
    We've been renting a studio room to ourselves in the Jam Factory on James Street for a very good price, so whether you're a band needing some space or already have your own we'll have some options for making things work.

Well if you've gotten this far and you're interested,
    go write some **** down ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭chugforlife

Hi there, I used to jam in Jam factory too some years ago, how much metal is your metal passion/skills?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CrazyAce

Hi chugforlife :)

I can't say I've ever been a true Metal Head. I listen to Sabbath, Metallica, System, Rammstein, Ghost, Tool, Alice in Chains, Megadeath, Pantera, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Dream Theater, Mastodon (no particular order)

Last summer the one festival I went to outside Ireland was Download. The last Gig I went to was Epica in the Tivoli.
    So I think it's fair to say I definitely enjoy it.

As for skills or training, I originally trained as a jazz drummer and while I've gotten into a lot of rock and Alternative I haven't played much Metal. I do have a double bass peddle and the energy to give it go.

Do you play Bass or Guitar? Do you sing? How much Metal is your Metal passion/skills? Is it just you or do you have any friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Exileonmainst

Hey, you still looking for a band? My band is looking for a drummer so we can get back to gigging if you're interested. There's our facebook page and a couple of our songs on soundcloud:

https://www.facebook.com/TheRookies16/

https://soundcloud.com/the-rookies/wish-you-were-here-the-rookies
    https://soundcloud.com/the-rookies/not-your-life-demo

• Registered Users Posts: 3 olynott

Hi
    I'm starting a alternative/rock band and I loved you profile. I'm interested in you as a candidate to join my band if you could please get back to me.
    Thanks Olivia

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Fugazifan

Hi Crazy Ace

Check out my ad-Looking for talented musicians for creative project or collective.

I am interested in getting a collective going and I saw your ad-You might be interested in playing on some of my music and vice-versa..
    I compose produce and play bass guita keys and sing..

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Fugazifan

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057890467/1/#post107489983
    Here is my ad,link to some of my stuff at bottom.
    Thanks
    CrazyAce wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am 25 years old, based in Dublin and have about 10 years of experience as a drummer.

I'm working a 9-5, weekends off so something similar so we can put in the time is preferable.

My interests range from Reggae to Rock and Jazz to Metal.

I listen to all the big names,

Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, Biffy Clyro, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Queen, Elton John, Muse, Foo Fighters, Megadeath, Pearl Jam, Bowie, Placebo, The Talking Heads, Bob Marley, The Beatles, Arctic Monkeys, AC/DC and a few others, but I can appreciate just about anything.

For the past two years, I've been in a band with a few college friends but as it goes one's now heading off to Canada, another is working on making a video game and the singers/songwriter is still making up her mind on what she wants to do so, it's time to look for something new.
    We've been renting a studio room to ourselves in the Jam Factory on James Street for a very good price, so whether you're a band needing some space or already have your own we'll have some options for making things work.

Well if you've gotten this far and you're interested,
    go write some **** down ;)

Advertisement