Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hilkvision admin code

Options
  • 17-05-2018 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

I had a Hikvision NVR and 4 cameras installed . IIt's an 8 channel system. The installer did not provide an admin password which I presume I would need it were I to add another camera myself. Does anyone know how to obtain the password. I tried using HIKVISION SADP took but the Company do not seem willing to pass the code to an end user.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

quartz1 wrote: »
    I had a Hikvision NVR and 4 cameras installed . IIt's an 8 channel system. The installer did not provide an admin password which I presume I would need it were I to add another camera myself. Does anyone know how to obtain the password. I tried using HIKVISION SADP took but the Company do not seem willing to pass the code to an end user.
    Thanks.

Unless the installer turned off the record on the spare channels it should be plug and play.
    You could plug one of the working cameras into a spare channel and see if its recording using the playback feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

Thank you so much indeed...I will try that.

quartz1 wrote: »
    Thank you so much indeed...I will try that.

You're welcome, any other questions please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Sorry for being off topic but how can i prevent illegal login on dvr logs appearings. They seem to be coming from random ip address.

Is there some network setting I need to change? I already have port changed from 8000 to something else

Sorry for being off topic but how can i prevent illegal login on dvr logs appearings. They seem to be coming from random ip address.

Is there some network setting I need to change? I already have port changed from 8000 to something else

It will log in the event log when it happens.
    You could change the port but its the IP address as well that they are using.

• Advertisement
Advertisement