Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn drainage - Project

Options
  • 17-05-2018 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Have bad drainage problems with back garden in winter months.

Lawn becomes unusable and waterlogged.

Thinking of putting in a french drain at the front of lawn, lawn has a slope down to this point so this is a good option.

I am going to start again with grass, is there anything I can go to this lawn/grass area to help improve drainage apart from adding sand etc to new lawn?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'd start by digging a hole, looking at the soil quality/compaction and doing a soak test (e.g. fill it up with a hose, wait for it to drain, fill it again, time how long it takes to drain).

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Lumen wrote: »
    I'd start by digging a hole, looking at the soil quality/compaction and doing a soak test (e.g. fill it up with a hose, wait for it to drain, fill it again, time how long it takes to drain).

Ye good idea, seen a thread of Dellys there and most people use a soak hole and then french drains into this, my soil is very bad to so will probably have to dig and then mix with compost and either seed it or roll with grass.

Advertisement