Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn off Verified by Visa

Options
  • 17-05-2018 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there any way to remove this "feature" from my debit card. It has never worked. I've never been able to use my Visa Debit online. 

I've been into the Verified by Visa people at Bank of Ireland and they can find no reason why the card can't be used. 

I'd like to remove the facility altogether.

Is it possible?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

Is there any way to remove this "feature" from my debit card. It has never worked. I've never been able to use my Visa Debit online. 

I've been into the Verified by Visa people at Bank of Ireland and they can find no reason why the card can't be used. 

Is it possible?

thanks

Hi musiknonstop,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to use your card online, it's not possible to remove this security feature I'm afraid. 
    Are you getting a Verified by Visa screen when using your card on certain websites? Has an advisor checked that the number you have registered is set up to receive the one time passcode and have you ever received a one time passcode for Verified by Visa?

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Hi,

Is it possible?

thanks

Hi musiknonstop,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to use your card online, it's not possible to remove this security feature I'm afraid. 
    Are you getting a Verified by Visa screen when using your card on certain websites? Has an advisor checked that the number you have registered is set up to receive the one time passcode and have you ever received a one time passcode for Verified by Visa?

Thanks,
    Sarah
    The Verified by Visa screen appears sometimes, when I select "continue" it usually just jumps straight to transaction declined. On the phone, the verified by visa team could find no problem with the card. I expect it will be the same by the time Bank of Ireland get around to supporting Google Pay. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

The Verified by Visa screen appears sometimes, when I select "continue" it usually just jumps straight to transaction declined. On the phone, the verified by visa team could find no problem with the card. I expect it will be the same by the time Bank of Ireland get around to supporting Google Pay. 

Hi musiknonstop,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Have you checked the card details, your billing address, name etc. and the card type you have selected are all up to date on the website that you're using? If any of these details are incorrect the card would be declined. Also, if the card you're trying to use is new and you have not yet activated it in an ATM by checking your balance or making a withdrawal, this would mean it wouldn't work online until you do so.
    We would advise you to call our Verified by Visa team at the time you're attempting to use it in order for this to be investigated further.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement