Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received a letter in the post regarding policy changes, but I closed my account years

Options
  • 17-05-2018 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Many years ago I opened a BOI account, but I did not like online banking and other factors and I closed the account again. 

I have started to receive letters in the post from BOI which I am assuming is about GDPR, but it infers my account is active. Did the branch not close the account as I requested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Many years ago I opened a BOI account, but I did not like online banking and other factors and I closed the account again. 

I have started to receive letters in the post from BOI which I am assuming is about GDPR, but it infers my account is active. Did the branch not close the account as I requested?

Hi there,

Thanks for your post here.
    In order to have this investigated, we would advise you to call our BOI Direct team on 0818 365 365 or 01-4044000 and an advisor will be happy to check the status of your account and whether it has been closed. Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion this letter may have caused.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement