Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Open - Lahinch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

"Bet up"? Is this meant to mean "beaten up"?

you're obviously not a GAA person :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Exactly wrote: »

Will that help me find my ball as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Most of the Americans aren't members of the European tour so doubt they could just rock up to a rolex event if it suits them, I'd imagine they wound need to get a special invite and I'd imagine they're limited.

Any prominent American would have no problem getting in the field

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Remind me wrote: »
    Any prominent American would have no problem getting in the field

Correct.

Struggling to see who might sign up now though. Fowler has almost always played in Scotland and is a past champion. Notwithstanding his friendship with McIlroy, if he plays a tournament in the run up to Portrush, Id wager hel play Scotland.

Correct.

Struggling to see who might sign up now though. Fowler has almost always played in Scotland and is a past champion. Notwithstanding his friendship with McIlroy, if he plays a tournament in the run up to Portrush, Id wager hel play Scotland.

Could be wrong but thought he had indicated he is not playing Scotland because it’s parkland?

• Advertisement

Could be wrong but thought he had indicated he is not playing Scotland because it’s parkland?

You might be right. Would be a real addition to the event if he were to commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Think it’s kind of like a carton house. Renaissance golf club anyway. Not quite a fully fledged links.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

I'm skipping the Irish Open this year in favour of two days at The Open, the greatest of all golf tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

TCM wrote: »
    I'm skipping the Irish Open this year in favour of two days at The Open, the greatest of all golf tournaments.

Event is possibly unlucky The Open is on this island, would imagine it'd affect the crowd size. Didn't think I'd ever say I'd be happy to miss the Open this year, but turns out it'd be selling my tix if got them.

Sorted for the Friday in Lahinch anyway, good line-up there. Can't see any big name Americans showing up. Can see groups being like Poulter, Rahm, Lowry as the "feature group", have others spread out to keep crowds moving. Warm but windy day I'm hoping for, birdie fests are just boring

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the site which shows the tide times ? In particular west Clare ?

Tides Near Me app is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Rafa Cabrera Bello confirmed today

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

me89 wrote: »
    Rafa Cabrera Bello confirmed today

While I expected this, I really can't wait to see him play

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Loads of work has been done in Lahinch and the place is looking very well.

The biggest marquee is actually in the short game area across the road from the 18th green - it's bigger than the clubhouse!

It's going to be really good I think - I hope the weather behaves.

Matt Wallace, Tyrell Hatton and Eddie Pepperall all confirmed for the tournament aswell.

Pretty solid field and so looking forward to coming home for the week. Going to be amazing to watch these pros on a course Iv known and played since I was 10.

Going to guess James Sugrue will be playing in it regardless of how he goes tomorrow due to being a past south of Ireland winner

Matt Wallace, Tyrell Hatton and Eddie Pepperall all confirmed for the tournament aswell.

Pretty solid field and so looking forward to coming home for the week. Going to be amazing to watch these pros on a course Iv known and played since I was 10.

Going to guess James Sugrue will be playing in it regardless of how he goes tomorrow due to being a past south of Ireland winner

Only way an amateur will get in is if they come through the qualifier

Only way an amateur will get in is if they come through the qualifier

Nah, they can get invites just like in other tournaments. You can see it for example for the entry list for next weeks european tour event.

Nah, they can get invites just like in other tournaments. You can see it for example for the entry list for next weeks european tour event.

They don’t get them in the Rolex events.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Can you buy tickets on the Saturday or do i have to buy online?

They don’t get them in the Rolex events.

Ah, forgot about that actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 diar1000

Looking at heading down to this, accommodation is ridiculous, Is there any campsite or somewhere to pitch a trailer tent?
    Looking at the internet, campsites seem very limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 diar1000

fearruanua wrote: »
    Campervan and berth at campsite in Lahinch all sorted!!! Driving down Thursday evening and heading to the golf on Fri, Sat and Sun.

Question for ye. If we head to the golf in the morning, will we be allowed back in again in the evening if we into town or back to the campsite for lunch?

Where are you setting up camp?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

diar1000 wrote: »
    Looking at heading down to this, accommodation is ridiculous, Is there any campsite or somewhere to pitch a trailer tent?

Did you try AirBnB, I got a place in Limavady no problem last week for The Open so try that route

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

diar1000 wrote: »

High demand plus limited supply makes accommodation scarce and probably expensive too.

There's a campsite on the Miltown Malbay road. I'd suggest you call them. (065) 708 1626

The village is looking amazing and this event is huge in scale. A fleet of white BMW suvs arrived earlier. Must be 30 of them in the golf club car park.

All we need is some decent weather.....

p.s. I'm on the course all next week as a volunteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Slightly off topic but it's amazing the quality of players that JP McManus can get for a pro am and what we've had at the Irish open over the last few years.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone have an idea how the pro am will work next Wednesday?

What time do they start?? Who is playing with who?? And what are there tee times then??

Trying to organise my viewing week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This week would have been ideal weather wise, some heat, nice bit of wind and some rain,having said that weather for next week looks decent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Hi. My first time going to a golf event. What are the best clothes to wear to this. Pants good walking boots and light jacket?

Hi. My first time going to a golf event. What are the best clothes to wear to this. Pants good walking boots and light jacket?

Keep an eye on the forecast for sure, but even if its good, prepare for the worst. Umbrella might not be necessary but deffo bring a rain jacket. Spectating isnt the same as playing; the pros might be in polos when theyre walking and swinging but youll be standing around a lot so will likely need an extra layer or two.

Shoes are also v important. Comfortable and waterproof if possible. Dont know how but links fescue grass has a way of soaking your socks even when it looks wispy and harmless!

And dont forget suncream. Wind burn by the sea can be bad even if the sun isnt out much. And always bring sunglasses as youll be looking skywards a lot following shots.

What time do they start?? Who is playing with who?? And what are there tee times then??

2 shotgun starts. First at 7.45am. Draw not made yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Looking forward to Friday now. First year I have been to it and not driving so I plan on not doing as much walking as previous years and having more pints :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement