Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2018 stage 12: Osimo–Imola 214km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

Dominant stuff from Sam - brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Absolute class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Fantastic finish by Sam !

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Get in!!

I've called him for going to early in the past and was cursing there when it looked like he was going to go on the climb but he 100% made the right move there at the end. Brilliant win for him and great work by the team today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

they could have at least given him a chequered flag at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

Psychologically that must be huge for Sam. He completely dominated the finale of that stage from about 5k to go, while Viviani was being dropped. Sammy must be feeling pretty good about his chances of points jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

i could feel the confidence from him jumping off the screen! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

What a move. Took advantage of what looked like just a split second of hesitation. He who dares, Rodney!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Advertisement

He's bloody freezing!

They're throwing layers on him there to warm him up before the podium.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Are Roche's two TT wins in 87 not counted as individual road stages, or is that a silly question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Great result.

Trying to watch the stage on my phone at work(on a customer site waitingofor a report to generate) Managed to watch 15k -2k to go uninterrupted. Then someone comes over to see how I am getting on. Get back to see Sam celebrating!

Weepsie wrote: »
    Are Roche's two TT wins in 87 not counted as individual road stages, or is that a silly question?

Don't think TT stages count as road stages

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My eurosport yokie kept stalling and rewinding 5 seconds, he was probably on the podium when I saw him win!

Seven Worlds will Collide

My eurosport yokie kept stalling and rewinding 5 seconds, he was probably on the podium when I saw him win!

Same here, really annoying.

Same here, really annoying.

Are you guys using a Chromecast by any chance? Or tablet?

I've been finding when I Chromecast off my phone or tablet it skips back a few seconds and then forward and if I just watch it on a tablet the quality is really poor even though other sites like Netflix stream perfect

Yeah I was casting today, normally it's fine. Had to switch back over to phone as it was still jumping during the replay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Only 22pts behind Viviani now. Sam to win in Rome to win that purple-ish jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

neris wrote: »
    Are you guys using a Chromecast by any chance? Or tablet?

Yes Chromecast off the phone, the broadband isn't hectic where I am, it's usually OK but today was really bad.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just got to watch the finish now from twitter clips, cheers cunavalos. Missed the finish today as our company meeting was at 4 instead of its normal 3. :( Though I'd probably have screamed the office down. :D

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Only 22pts behind Viviani now. Sam to win in Rome to win that purple-ish jersey

Still two stages before the final stage in Rome for Sam to contest.

Tomorrow, Stage 13 - Ferrara › Nervesa della Battaglia

stage-13-profile.jpg?09

And next Wednesday, Stage 17 - Riva del Garda › Iseo

stage-17-profile.jpg?09

Carlton Kirby: viviani refused a purple helmet this morning :eek::eek:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,417 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well and truly burst onto the World stage now - fantastic performance from Sam. Presumably Bora are going to need to devote pretty much everything to supporting Sam now. Guess he'll be going for the win tomorrow and perhaps getting some intermediate sprints in the hillier stages

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Still two stages before the final stage in Rome for Sam to contest.

Tomorrow, Stage 13 - Ferrara › Nervesa della Battaglia

stage-13-profile.jpg?09

And next Wednesday, Stage 17 - Riva del Garda › Iseo

stage-17-profile.jpg?09

is that bump in the road with 20k to go big enough to drop Viviani tomorrow?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

neris wrote: »
    Carlton Kirby: viviani refused a purple helmet this morning :eek::eek:

He He

Benny Hill theme music playing in my ear......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Both Sam and Yates looked like they were really suffering in the PR stuff after the stage, I hope that he stays healthy as the race progresses. Isnt he out of contract with Bora at the end of the year? His wins will have ensured he has great strength in negotiating a new and better deal

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Well and truly burst onto the World stage now - fantastic performance from Sam. Presumably Bora are going to need to devote pretty much everything to supporting Sam now. Guess he'll be going for the win tomorrow and perhaps getting some intermediate sprints in the hillier stages

They have Patrick Konrad in 9th place in GC so that will mean less domestiques at Sam's disposal

Advertisement