Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC build ready but would like some feedback

Options
  • 17-05-2018 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, i'm building my first Gaming PC and would like some professional views if the build is alright :) Just a note i will be reusing my Zotac Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Amp Edition!

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/xb9Dq4

I plan on using it to playing games like Fornite, LoL and Overwatch and some other triple AAA games in 1080p 60+ FPS. Do you think I should order from Germany or the UK? I've never ordered parts from other countries so I don't know where it would be better to order from.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looks good but be warned that that CPU may not work with that motherboard out of the box, depends how old the stock is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Obbly

Thanks, do you think I should order the parts from Germany or UK?

Either or. Just get them from the cheapest source.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Obbly wrote: »
    Thanks, do you think I should order the parts from Germany or UK?

Order from UK for ease of customer support IMHO

Also Mindfactory don't ship outside Germany anymore.

Okay, so I went ahead and bought this parts list but turns out that as TerrorFirmer said the BIOS was not updated on MoBo to handle the 2600x. Does anyone know what I can do to update the bios on this thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You maye be able to flash off usb even without cpu. Some boards let you do this, some don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭satguy

Fire off an email to AMD, they will send you out an update kit,, It's just an old school APU, you pop in into your MB and do the update. Then just send it back.

I was hoping there would be another method apart from the AMD boot kit, but what can ya do xD. I have already emailed
    AMD and they said I need a summary of communication to say that Gigabyte can't help me with this. Though I've looked through some 'reviews' and seems like their support is normally slow.

srsly78 wrote: »
    You maye be able to flash off usb even without cpu. Some boards let you do this, some don't.

Don't think your able to that with this motherboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Where are you based? If you're in Galway I have some 1st gen Ryzen CPUs.

• Advertisement

I'm based in Mayo, 2 hour drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Obbly wrote: »
    I'm based in Mayo, 2 hour drive.

Better than a 2 week wait

True, but unfortunately I'm unable to drive.

Advertisement