Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on making a wooden bench

Options
  • 17-05-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/kaSHA_pgWQA
    I need advice about a woodwork project, I'm making a garden bench. The timber is cut already. From the tutorial I need a pocket hole jig which I don't have. Im thinking just screws, bolts and L brackets. What would you recommend I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Sincere apologies for posting this twice

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

L-brackets on the outsides of joints like that will always be a poor alternative and will eventually work loose.

Lower end pocket hole kits don't start out that expensive, when you offset the cost of all those brackets.... You could even use long screws through the joints with decorative plugs over the holes.

Old fashioned tenon joints would yield a much better result. Just more work and accuracy required.

Advertisement