Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term home insurance?

• 17-05-2018 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I am trying to find out if I can get short term cover for my home. It has gone sale agreed and I expect the sale to close in approximately one month's time. My annual insurance is up next Monday and obviously I don't want to pay for another year's insurance. I also don't want to leave it without cover for the next month. What are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

You renew your existing policy and then cancel when sold and get a pro rata return subject to no claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sensitive1960

Pay by direct debit and cancel when house is sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Pay by direct debit and cancel when house is sold.

If it's first time on direct debit then you usually have to pony up 30 percent deposit. And you can't just cancel. You aren't paying by the month. Your payment is just being facilitated by a credit agreement with the insurer.

Advertisement