Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Office IT course? Pitman or CMIT?

Options
  • 17-05-2018 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey All,

Would anyone have any recommendations for a good CV-boosting course that covers Excel and Outlook? I had a chat with a Pitman Training consultant about a diploma but the price seems quite high (about two grand) for what essentially covers the same skills as an ECDL course (which is about 200 to 400 euro). I also don't think the Pitman Course is FETAC accredited, which is such a pity because the course content actually sounds good! I've also seen a few bad reviews for them on here, so I've been scared off the idea, to be honest.

I am looking to get my foot in the door in an Admin role or Reception, and have experience in both types of work, but employers don't see my experience with Excel as enough, so I know I need to do a quick QQI cert in something to get an interview.

Any suggestions would be great!

Advertisement