Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intreo Jobs Ireland Website

Options
  • 17-05-2018 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Don't know if this is in the right place but looking for opinions on this. Does anybody else think the JobsIreland website is atrocious? Links don't work, search doesn't work and the layout of the mobile site is hilarious.

https://www.jobsireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

So I was on to the IT way back when, when it first launched, to point out a lot of issues with the site. After I did, the Irish Times journo reached out to them for comment and suddenly the site was offline for a while, and then re-launched in "beta" mode with a number of changes and fixes. Story never ran in the end. Sadly the site is still shockingly bad.

For example, when it launched the page load size was 28.6MB - load time on an average 3G connection was over a minute. Also, every link was uniquely generated with each user instance (someone fecked up the angular routing big time) so you couldn't share jobs via URL - if you did then the other person would just be redirected to the home page. I have screenshots should you like evidence.

Oh, and the site cost over 3 Million euro. Yep. THREE MILLION! 3,360,000 EUR to be exact. This was apparently the lowest tender reply. The highest was over 5 million.

Here's the published tender award: https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Supplier/PublicTenders/ViewNotice/176647

The company that built it is bdo.ie - they almost certainly outsourced the whole thing, though they said they didn't in the tender.

The whole thing boils my blood :mad: A huge waste of public money on a complete clusterfeck of a project.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

KonFusion wrote: »
    The whole thing boils my blood :mad: A huge waste of public money on a complete clusterfeck of a project.
    This is very common with public funds - the tendering and scoring process is a joke and easily gamed in favour of 'preferred' bidders. I have seen projects where preferred bidders rightly failed to win the contract but were brought in to consult on the project after the tender was awarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I worked on a tender a couple of years ago for a government agency for a complete website redesign/build etc. and it was a reasonable price as market rates at the time were and we had realistic timelines etc. but they turned around and said we need it within X budget and by this deadline so we revised the price to be within their budget as agreed (more work was guarentted down the line) and told them it was impossible for anyone to deliever by their timelines, they declined the tender, we were preferred bidders in this case.

Over a year after the date we had said we'd have it all done it was completed and went live with tons of issues and was almost twice the original budget they had planned.

There is so much politics in most government tendering that it can drag on and on and on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

It's an absolute joke of a job website.

The links to each job are unique every time you visit, so let's say you're on your phone and you send the link to yourself so you can apply later when you're at your laptop, the link won't work when you try to open it on your laptop.

It seems this is an attempt to block other aggregators from displaying their jobs, but it's the most over-engineered, ridiculous solution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement