Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New earphones advice.

Options
  • 18-05-2018 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to pick up some earphones and I'm looking at wireless ones. Are they any good? I see Argos and Debenhams have some for about €30 which is what price I'm looking at. I don't listen to music so I'm not worried about base or any of that. Am I better off getting a standard pair for that price range?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

What are you using them for and what argos one's are you looking at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

AllForIt wrote: »
    What are you using them for and what argos one's are you looking at ?
    I just listen to podcasts. Off the ball etc. The Argos ones I looked at are kitsound magnetic. 25 euro

They are actually not bad. The issue you really need to decide is if you need bluetooth all it as it can be a bit inconvenient if you run out of power and you need to charge them regularly. Generally bluetooth is good for listening when on the go but if you just listening at home non-blutooth wired ones would be fine.

Picked them up earlier. The sound is good. Ear buds are a little small but I havent tried the spares yet.

Picked them up earlier. The sound is good. Ear buds are a little small but I havent tried the spares yet.

Well, as long as they don't fall out that's the main thing. Do they come with wing hooks to keep them in the ear? Need a new pair myself!

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    Well, as long as they don't fall out that's the main thing. Do they come with wing hooks to keep them in the ear? Need a new pair myself!
    I do have 1 problem with them falling out. The side with the controls keeps falling out. I assume its the weight of the control panel dragging it down. I haven't given it a good run yet but I hope I can fix that.

I do have 1 problem with them falling out. The side with the controls keeps falling out. I assume its the weight of the control panel dragging it down. I haven't given it a good run yet but I hope I can fix that.

These are the ones I used to have. You can see they have wings to keep them in the ear. They would not fall out of the ear no matter what. I would think the wings are essential when there is a heavy controller on one side. It's a pity yours does't seem to come with the wings!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Earphones-TaoTronics-Headphones-Magnetic-Black/dp/B017I9CBPC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526668456&sr=8-3&keywords=taotronics

Advertisement