Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 FA Cup Final - Chelsea vs Manchester Utd - 18/05 @ 17:15 - BBC, BT, TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Damien360

Just watching replay of tackle by Jones. Why didn't he tackle with his left foot around Hazard instead of stupid out of reach right foot across him. That was never going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The law has changed. Poll explained it clearly on BT.
    Brought in last summer, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

thee glitz wrote: »
    I reckon, as a Chelsea fan, that the penalty + yellow is punishment enough. Last man tackle and outside the box, but clear through, I'd say red. Or penalty + yellow! By the book though, it should have been red.

Except it shouldn't have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'll be glad when the sun has dropped a bit, the camera has trouble tracking dark to light

Looked more desperate than genuine

Shouldn't all tackles in an FA Cup final with a man through on goal be treated as desperate. Doesn't mean he wasn't attempting to play the ball which his body language clearly showed he was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Wonder how fit Lukaku is?..... Utd May need him from halftime.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭john why

That blue bus will be tough to get through now for sure.

Particularly when rashford has his head firmly up his ass.

You've a pretty decent bus yourselves to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Keep forgetting Sanchez is out there. He looks like Torres did when he moved to Chelsea - lost and struggling to make any kind of impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

blueser wrote: »
    Phil Jones being, well, Phil Jones. You always get the impression that he's never too far away from a fcuk up.

We all thought it as soon as we saw the teamsheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

martyos121 wrote: »
    Chelsea scoring the first goal is the only chance of this being a watchable final, so very happy with that.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

The team which have set up to defend and try to hit on the counter scoring first has surely made the game a bore for you champagne football only purists?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

john why wrote: »
    You've a pretty decent bus yourselves to be fair

Ah but at least it's in gear and not sitting in the bay with the handbrake up.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

THis is going to be a big stinker of a final now. I predict no United shots on target until the 70th minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Makes no sense whatsoever.

The team which have set up to defend and try to hit on the counter scoring first has surely made the game a bore for you champagne football only purists?

United play their best football when they go behind. They are an eyesore once they have a lead in a cup final. That much is obvious to everyone, your reaction is hilarious tbh. Must have hit a nerve. :pac:

McGaggs wrote: »
    We all thought it as soon as we saw the teamsheet.
    Who would you lot rather have in; Lindelof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pogba could be replaced by Henderson for all his effect in this game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

United's passing is disgraceful!

ankles wrote: »
    THis is going to be a big stinker of a final now. I predict no United shots on target until the 70th minute

I'll go further and predict Jones scoring from a corner and all will be forgiven.

In their dreams Harry. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Time to get cards out for all this dissent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

When Pogba isn't on it, he stinks out the place.

But he has the ability to turn it all around.

He does, but you’d think Kante will be on him like glue if he begins to dominate the midfield.

eigrod wrote: »
    Time to get cards out for all this dissent

I always thought that began in Italy and travelled to premier league with Utd using it to great effect during Fergie years to boss the ref.

Now everyone does it but it has spread into youth games. I believe they should bring in the rugby style of ref where no crap whatsoever is taken from anyone despite their much bigger physique is rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Old Trafford must smell like a dump so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Why the fúck do United insist on Rashford taking long free kicks/corners.

His technique is just horrible for them and I’m pretty sure they’ve never come close to leading to a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Overall Chelsea look relaxed about letting United have it in midfield. They don't rate United's chances of creating an opportunity through the middle, and the evidence so far suggests they're right. When it goes wide they're less relaxed but they still must fancy their chances of winning the aerial duels.

Need Lukaku on in the second half to have a hope of salvaging this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Incredible play by Pogba. Pity Rashford couldn’t finish it.

Lukaku needs to come on after the break if he’s even at 40%. Rashford is being bullied and Chelsea have been completely unthreatened until that chance late in the half.

United play their best football when they go behind. They are an eyesore once they have a lead in a cup final. That much is obvious to everyone, your reaction is hilarious tbh. Must have hit a nerve. :pac:

That reaction was hilarious?

Suppose it goes to prove the point "the simple mind is easily amused" if nothing else.

Again you fail to make a coherent point that correlates to your claim.

Could you not just have said, I'm happy with that goal cause I don't like united? Just be honest like, your transparent regardless so our may as well own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭testtech05

Admittedly I don't watch much live soccer anymore. But was it a surprise that Jones stayed on the pitch after the peno decision? Ithought of you were fouled when. In on goal/clear goalscoring opportunity it was a red card no question? Has that changed? Graham Poll on bt seemed to agree with the yellow decision.

Not a sending off cause of the double jeopardy thing. New rule brought in.

Now if we could just have a taxi for rashford at half time that be nice

The lack of a focal point is a disaster out there

• Advertisement

Ah but at least it's in gear and not sitting in the bay with the handbrake up.

It's funny listening to United fans whinging about parking the bus

callaway92 wrote: »
    Why the fúck do United insist on Rashford taking long free kicks/corners.

His technique is just horrible for them and I’m pretty sure they’ve never come close to leading to a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭testtech05

Not a sending off cause of the double jeopardy thing. New rule brought in.

Now if we could just have a taxi for rashford at half time that be nice

Ah right thanks. Always thought it was harsh to be punished twice alright (as long as the peno is scored that is) but hadn't realised they had changed the rule

blueser wrote: »
    Who would you lot rather have in; Lindelof?

Bailly

That reaction was hilarious?

Suppose it goes to prove the point "the simple mind is easily amused" if nothing else.

Again you fail to make a coherent point that correlates to your claim.

Could you not just have said, I'm happy with that goal cause I don't like united? Just be honest like, your transparent regardless so our may as well own it.

Where’s the substance in this post then, if that’s what you’re all about? You essentially called me simple, dismissed my post without any reasoning and questioned my honesty?

If you’re going to call out a post as incoherent, you better have the intelligence to at least dissect it.

My dislike of United is in addition to the points I made, you don’t need me to say it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lol

• Only got a chance to post now. Correct decision on the peno

He wasn't the last man, it's simple as

As for the game, Sanchez and Rashford have to be held accountable. Extremely poor and creating nothing

It's all too central and nobody bar Ashley young can cross a ball

Tony V needs to go, he cuts inside everytime

Rashford not making any runs, I can't believe how static he is for a young lad with such pace

Chelsea are ****e IMO and are there for the taking

Lukaku has to come on, his power and pace can create an opening but it all depends on him getting actually decent service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

McGaggs wrote: »
    Bailly

Is Bailly actually fit?
    Since he came back from injury while back he’s mostly on the bench.

If fit he’s definitely a better defender than Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I am not a fan,but it is awful considering their history,to see Manchester United as one of the most boring and unattractive teams in the world to watch.I's cringeworthy

callaway92 wrote: »
    Lol

well you did say.....................

• Advertisement

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Is Bailly actually fit?
    Since he came back from injury while back he’s mostly on the bench.

If fit he’s definitely a better defender than Jones

I wonder what level of fitness he would need to know which foot to use for a tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd take off Sanchez for Lukaku if I was Mourinho now. A half-fit Lukaku would offer more than Sanchez, who has done nothing but take up space in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Only got a chance to post now. Correct decision on the peno

He wasn't the last man, it's simple as

As for the game, Sanchez and Rashford have to be held accountable. Extremely poor and creating nothing

It's all too central and nobody bar Ashley young can cross a ball

Tony V needs to go, he cuts inside everytime

Rashford not making any runs, I can't believe how static he is for a young lad with such pace

Chelsea are ****e IMO and are there for the taking

Lukaku has to come on, his power and pace can create an opening but it all depends on him getting actually decent service

The issue here is that Chelsea have parked the bus and squeezed United. A counter was how they were going to score and when you have Phil Jones and Smalling as your centre backs then you have a great chance if doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'd take off Sanchez for Lukaku if I was Mourinho now. A half-fit Lukaku would offer more than Sanchez, who has done nothing but take up space in the first half.

At least Sanchez is trying to make something happen, Rashford has to make way for Rom.

john why wrote: »
    It's funny listening to United fans whinging about parking the bus

Yes. It is hilarious isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

8-10 wrote: »
    I reckon, as a Chelsea fan, that the penalty + yellow is punishment enough. Last man tackle and outside the box, but clear through, I'd say red. Or penalty + yellow! By the book though, it should have been red.

No it shouldn't

You mean it shouldn't have been red? I've edited my post as some have pointed out the rule change.

Have any fans brought up the bus parking thing yet?

Yes. It is hilarious isn't it.

It really is

Why?
    Have you been listening? Are you aware of the new directive that came in last summer?

• Advertisement

Where’s the substance in this post then, if that’s what you’re all about? You essentially called me simple, dismissed my post without any reasoning and questioned my honesty?

If you’re going to call out a post as incoherent, you better have the intelligence to at least dissect it.

My dislike of United is in addition to the points I made, you don’t need me to say it. :)

I've already stated why your initial post was wrong. It seems reading is another weakness...

Advertisement