Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 FA Cup Final - Chelsea vs Manchester Utd - 18/05 @ 17:15 - BBC, BT, TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Any chance of rashford coming off though, seriously?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Ah balls,the sun is on the other end now:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

blueser wrote: »
    thee glitz wrote: »
    Why?
    Have you been listening? Are you aware of the new directive that came in last summer?

I misread what part (I think) was being replied to. Yes, I did miss that so edited my original post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hazard is the biggest diver in the league and he gets the calls from the refs more often than not

• Hazard would drive you mad

Hate that ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've already stated why your initial post was wrong. It seems reading is another weakness...

State why it’s wrong then, that’s all you have to do. You can’t obviously, since it isn’t, but go on, keep digging.

And by that I don’t mean taking digs at someone’s intelligence, you’re really just embarrassing yourself by resorting to that sort of thing, especially when it’s based on nothing.

I'd love to see stats on how often Smalling passes to the right back

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hazard would drive you mad

Hate that ****e

He could have been killed. ;)

martyos121 wrote: »
    State why it’s wrong then, that’s all you have to do. You can’t obviously, since it isn’t, but go on, keep digging.

And by that I don’t mean taking digs at someone’s intelligence, you’re really just embarrassing yourself by resorting to that sort of thing, especially when it’s based on nothing.

I have already stated why it's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Lukaku warming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ashley Young : " hmm, going nowhere here, better jump straight up in the air and get a free"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Young should be booked for diving there. Laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

If you're Lukaku, and you have a twinge, and the world cup is coming, what would you do, I think you'd be feeling it a bit more perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

thee glitz wrote: »
    I misread what part (I think) was being replied to. Yes, I did miss that so edited my original post.
    The rule now is that if the referee deems the foul to have been a genuine attempt to play the ball, a penalty is awarded and a yellow card issued. The old rule made mention of denying a goalscoring opportunity. Which isn't really the case now as the attacking team gets a penalty. The idea is to avoid the fouling side getting punished twice (red card + penalty). If the foul is given for something like a deliberate handball on the line, or a rugby-type tackle, or being pulled back by the shirt, then a red card can be issued. Or, if the tackle takes place outside the area in a "last man" scenario, a red card can be issued as there isn't a penalty being awarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm biased but young is a next level diver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Standard dive from young, cheat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Young would drive you mad with that sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

this is terrible football

They are just there for the taking if we can actually get our **** together out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

They are just there for the taking if we can actually get our **** together out there

This could be either team

• Advertisement

Some clearance by Valencia initially there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Only one team playing football here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

Some ball from Herrara. Life in Utd yet

I have already stated why it's wrong.

You tried to, but by describing how Chelsea set themselves up to play, you actually ended up describing the exact tactics used by your own team. So not only did you fail to explain how my post was wrong, you contradicted yourself in the funniest way possible.

Now stop insulting my intelligence and watch your team play in a cup final. Or are they too boring so you have to find something else to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Some dive by Fabergas. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Utd have woke up

Oliver is a horrendous referee. Totally inconsistent.

Pogba has come to life in the last few mins. Some difference it makes to Utd. Playing much higher up also.

You tried to, but by describing how Chelsea set themselves up to play, you actually ended up describing the exact tactics used by your own team. So not only did you fail to explain how my post was wrong, you contradicted yourself in the funniest way possible.

Now stop insulting my intelligence and watch your team play in a cup final. Or are they too boring so you have to find something else to do?

Nope I stated it pretty clearly.

Incredibly I have the ability to multi tasking, crazy or what?

• Advertisement

• Rashford on free kicks and corners ffs

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    this is terrible football

Watch something else then

Nope I stated it pretty clearly.

Incredibly I have the ability to multi tasking, crazy or what?

Can the two of you get a room. Nearly every page of this thread has the same nonsense schoolboy argument.

Need a goal in the next few minutes, if Chelsea can weather this storm I'd say that could be it really. Them catching up on the break is still such a danger

Execution is so poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A game of football has broken out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Watch something else then

He just said he considered it poor football. Maybe he wants to watch the FA Cup Final?

Scored anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

FFS off side

Onside for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What a brilliant save. Off to PSG now

• Advertisement

100% offisde, but it's all about who hits it forward.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Onside for me

Most of his body is offside going by the replay. Quite clearly he is offside tbf. Unless it wasn’t a United player who touched it, but that looks doubtful too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Onside for me

Well he was in an offside position but depends if it came off a United head or not

Onside for me

haha, good one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Much better second half.

Hazard is the outstanding player thus far.

Pogba is coming into the game,makes such a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

great decision by the officials

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Fabregas is a passenger for us. Willian or Pedro needed to ingect urgency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Chelsea have pretty much stopped playing and are waiting for the final whistle. A risky strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Conte doesn’t have a record of defining substitutions before 80+ mins

Young getting a bollicking from Dave about diving, but still no comment from the ref.

• Advertisement
Advertisement