Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 FA Cup Final - Chelsea vs Manchester Utd - 18/05 @ 17:15 - BBC, BT, TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Mourinho was full of class at the end, but he has just given them the headline there :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Strangest thing about the post match interviews was the Chelsea players only spoke about themselves not the team, expected them not to back conte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Garzorico wrote: »
    Well deserved win. Conte did a job on Mourinho today. Jose fell right into the trap.

The trap of selecting Phil Jones? I agree actually :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    What has happened him? :eek:

He moved to Utd purely for the money, he could have joined City, who whatever one thinks of them, play football. Instead he is happy to phone it in for a fuc0898ing fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Gotta love Liverpool fans coming into the Chelsea vs United FA Cup Final thread to gloat about United losing, and then declaring in the next breath that next week's match between Liverpool and Madrid will be United's cup final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

well done blues, thoroughly deserved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Gotta love Liverpool fans coming into the Chelsea vs United FA Cup Final thread to gloat about United losing, and then declaring in the next breath that next week's match between Liverpool and Madrid will be United's cup final.

Bless.

Nothing bad being posted. Suck it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Or getting upset when the same happens next week when Real win the Champions League :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mourinho was full of class at the end, but he has just given them the headline there :)

What did he say?

• Advertisement

That won't make a difference to Mourinho staying next season will it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Mourinho really has no Plan B against decent sides. He parks the bus and hopes to sneak a goal and then deploy a flat back 10 for the rest of the game.

Only works if the opposition don't score first.

And he'll want another £300 million to spend in the summer to improve the squad.....

I don't think you know what you are talking about

Bless.

Nothing bad being posted. Suck it up

Hopefully you take your own advice when the Champions League final day comes around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

United don't need to spend money in the summer, they need a manager who will get the most out of the players they have. You put any of the managers of the Premier Leagues three other top four clubs in charge of that squad and they'd get so much more out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Gutted, we really should not have lost it

Congrats to Chelsea all the same

United didn't do enough, lots of possession but created very little, we defended well in the main and I think we deserved the win. United just struggle to break teams down when they get men behind the ball and today was no different.

please be respectful people, this could have been the last time Ashley Young has the chance to dive on grass

Hopefully you take your own advice when the Champions League final day comes around.

You can let us know.

Anyway, Madrid won so I heard.

jose said this...so he had at least 3 other class strikers, including sanchez and because he only plays one way , lump it up to the big lump, he says he couldn't win! incredible... if he played sexy fast attacking football or tappy tappy like barca, those players would excel, including pogba, the problem is he shackles them with his negative shoite football

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to BBC Sport: "I congratulate them because they won but I don't think they deserved to win.

"I congratulated them. I am Manchester United manager and I have to be respectful, not just because they are my previous club but because they are the opponents today but I think we deserved to win.

"I am quite curious to know what you say or what people write because if my team plays like Chelsea did I can imagine what people would say. I am quite curious.

"It was a bit hard for us to play without Lukaku against a team that defends with nine players. You need that presence. Every defeat hurts but I go home with the feeling we gave everything. No regrets.

"Chelsea are not stupid. They know our team without Lukaku or Fellaini does not have a presence so putting eight or nine players in front of the box they knew they would be dominant in that direct football. We tried everything by other ways but they had a huge block of compacted players.

"The image of the game is that David de Gea did not touch the ball. He touched the ball in the net."

The difference is Liverpool know they are up against it. Just being in the final is a victory :) All we'll ask is that the team play to their best ability.

okay and win if you insist!

jose said this...so he had at least 3 other class strikers, including sanchez and because he only plays one way , lump it up to the big lump, he says he couldn't win! incredible... if he played sexy fast attacking football or tappy tappy like barca, those players would excel, including pogba, the problem is he shackles them with his negative shoite football

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to BBC Sport: "I congratulate them because they won but I don't think they deserved to win.

"I congratulated them. I am Manchester United manager and I have to be respectful, not just because they are my previous club but because they are the opponents today but I think we deserved to win.

"I am quite curious to know what you say or what people write because if my team plays like Chelsea did I can imagine what people would say. I am quite curious.

"It was a bit hard for us to play without Lukaku against a team that defends with nine players. You need that presence. Every defeat hurts but I go home with the feeling we gave everything. No regrets.

"Chelsea are not stupid. They know our team without Lukaku or Fellaini does not have a presence so putting eight or nine players in front of the box they knew they would be dominant in that direct football. We tried everything by other ways but they had a huge block of compacted players.

"The image of the game is that David de Gea did not touch the ball. He touched the ball in the net."

You can just taste the saltiness in the special ones words.

• Advertisement

Just being in the final is a victory :)

It really isn't. :)

Don't know any United fans that look back with fondness on the finals lost to Barca, and don't think Liverpool fans look back with fondness on the 2007 final they lost to Milan.

And I know you have said you think 'officially' that Liverpool have now had a better season than United but I can assure you that officially 2nd > 4th, and 81 points > 75 points.

You still need to claim that trophy against Madrid or you will have to face up to the realisation that you have had a worse season than United. That will really sting, won't it? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Liverpool winning the Champions league combined with city scorching the league makes it's a very bad season for United if it happens. I couldn't give a toss about United winning the fa cup. Even Wigan won it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That match was as boring as I expected it to be. Expected utd to win 1 0 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

You can just taste the saltiness in the special ones words.

Care to argue against any of what he said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I don't think you know what you are talking about

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Mourinho has the players in the team/squad with the attacking talent to let loose and win games if he'd let them.

He doesn't. He prefers to sit deep and defend first and then hope the opposition makes a mistake, nick a goal and then defend again.

These are not bad players he has yet he'll moan about needing to spend another kings ransom on players this summer.

A team with Sanchez, Martial, Luakaku, Rashford, Herrera et al should be capable of much more.

Put it this way, Ferguson would be a lot closer to City, would have knocked out Sevilla and perhaps Bayern and would have beaten that Chelsea team today with the squad Mourinho has at his disposal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,580 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A team with Sanchez, Martial, Luakaku, Rashford, Herrera et al should be capable of much more.

Martial has been out of form since forever
    Rashford can't hit a barn door
    Lukaku is injured.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Well at least Jose will be happy that he finished second again......................................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Mourinho is not a Man Utd manager, has some great attacking players in his squad and makes them play in a straight jacket. Utd should always play football on the front foot, not play like they are Stoke turning up to play a top team..

Mr.H wrote: »
    Well at least Jose will be happy that he finished second again......................................

At least Jurgen will be happy to finish fourth... :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

Don't try to tell me he's not bitter.

Beaten at his own game today. Conte outwitted him.

Martial has been out of form since forever
    Rashford can't hit a barn door
    Lukaku is injured.

Lukaku didnt look too injured to come on late on.

As for players not being in form. If it was one or two players out of form that would be fair enough. But it seems like a lot of players are out of form and you gotta look at the manager for that.

If Jose was still at Chelsea playing like this, United fans would be laughing their asses off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,975 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Mourinho has the players in the team/squad with the attacking talent to let loose and win games if he'd let them.

He doesn't. He prefers to sit deep and defend first and then hope the opposition makes a mistake, nick a goal and then defend again.

These are not bad players he has yet he'll moan about needing to spend another kings ransom on players this summer.

Put it this way, Ferguson would be a lot closer to City, would have knocked out Sevilla and perhaps Bayern and would have beaten that Chelsea team today with the squad Mourinho has at his disposal.
    I'd have to agree with everything you say there. One problem is that imo Mourinho doesn't have the defense to let his attacking talent loose. Left full is a major concern, centre of defense having to use Smalling most of the season is another problem. I'm not sold in Valencia now either, I think he is starting to regress. Bailly looks like a great one if he could stay fit but they certainly need somebody for the left side.

At least Jurgen will be happy to finish fourth... :rolleyes:

Yes because Klopp was the one celebrating

Mr.H wrote: »
    Lukaku didnt look too injured to come on late on.

He's United's top goalscorer ffs. If he's fully fit he's a nailed-on starter.
    As for players not being in form. If it was one or two players out of form that would be fair enough. But it seems like a lot of players are out of form and you gotta look at the manager for that.

Martial has been off form since the Van Gaal days.

Scrap the cap!

Don't try to tell me he's not bitter.

Beaten at his own game today. Conte outwitted him.

Didn't think so.

• Advertisement

Didn't think so.

Was thinking you agreed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

You have the nerve to say I'm here to stirr ****e and you are the one pulling yourself open because Utd lost the final

Stop pretending

I have no idea of his posting history but on this occasion he said nothing wrong and just gave fairly benign opinions on the game which somehow riled you up.

Was thinking you agreed ;)

I agree with what you say. Beaten at this own game.

However Jose's point is that if United had done that, they would have been vilified while Conte and Chelsea are praised. And as much as I dislike Mourinho, I find it very hard to disagree with that.

I have no idea of his posting history but on this occasion he said nothing wrong and just gave fairly benign opinions on the game which somehow riled you up.

Yep, here's the post that caused the meltdown. It was spot on analysis.
    Well done Chelsea. Conte is a class act and that’s a nice parting gift for him. United were absolutely dire, normally much better at chasing a game than that and Chelsea didn’t even defend at the highest level today.

Both teams were poor overall thought tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Just about everything he said was the opposite of the truth. Spoofer.

• Advertisement

They know our team without Lukaku or Fellaini does not have a presence

Thinly veiled 'buy me some more big players' plea from Jose.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Didn't think it was a great game at all really.

I think if Man United had scored first, the game would have looked much the same except with roles reversed - one team that is comfortable defending against a team that isn't great at chasing a game.

I thought Chelsea in the first half were probably better than Man United in the second half. United had more than an hour to score, and created very very little really. Chelsea looked fairly comfortable for most of the game, not because they were playing so well, but because Man United were doing so little.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

My enemy's enemy is my friend... the blue bus beat the red bus.

Typical bull**** from you

You left out half the post

But a good way to stick the knife in

Enjoy

No idea what you're rambling about.

It's the full post. See here. Sure you quoted it yourself :rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107039850#post107039850

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the death of football, two buses an ego and a dead man walking
    hopefully RM and Liverpool can resuscitate the beautiful game

• Johner wrote: »
    United didn't do enough, lots of possession but created very little, we defended well in the main and I think we deserved the win. United just struggle to break teams down when they get men behind the ball and today was no different.

I think that's slightly harsh, but as I said fair play to Chelsea they defended well if nothing else.

Enjoy the win lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

For the money spent and the attacking options at their disposal, there’s no excuse for the rubbish that Mourinho is serving up.

It would be acceptable if the results were being produced of course, but they’re not for a club of Manchester United’s standards and resources.

And I say that as a big Jose fan.

It really isn't. :)

Don't know any United fans that look back with fondness on the finals lost to Barca, and don't think Liverpool fans look back with fondness on the 2007 final they lost to Milan.

And I know you have said you think 'officially' that Liverpool have now had a better season than United but I can assure you that officially 2nd > 4th, and 81 points > 75 points.

You still need to claim that trophy against Madrid or you will have to face up to the realisation that you have had a worse season than United. That will really sting, won't it? :P

It's all relative, in 2007 Liverpool were a match for Milan and under Rafa we were getting used to winning finals, no one gave Liverpool a chance this season having been out of contention in the Champions League for so long. This campaign has put the club back on the map, Real Madrid are rightful favourities, it's a free hit for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

No idea what you're rambling about.

It's the full post. See here. Sure you quoted it yourself :rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107039850#post107039850

The mask is slipping!

Conte to be the second manager in two years to be rewarded for an FA cup win with the sack.

Fair play to Chelsea though, they didn't do much but they did just about enough to win.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
Advertisement