Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bounced Email

Options
  • 18-05-2018 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Why do some emails sent from via mail.vodafone.ie to eircom.net email addresses fail to deliver and are returned with the following message ?

The following message to xxx@eircom.net was undeliverable.
    The reason for the problem:
    5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) 554-'avas00 Cloudmark Gateway <213.233.128.43> IP rejected [Error Code 250]'

I have altered the email recipient so as not to identify them.

The failure message is only sent to me a few days later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Dulchie wrote: »
    Why do some emails sent from via mail.vodafone.ie to eircom.net email addresses fail to deliver and are returned with the following message ?

The following message to xxx@eircom.net  was undeliverable.
    The reason for the problem:
    5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) 554-'avas00 Cloudmark Gateway <213.233.128.43> IP rejected [Error Code 250]'

I have altered the email recipient so as not to identify them.

The failure message is only sent to me a few days later.
    Hi there Dulchie

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you're having any issues with your webmail, I would suggest clicking here where you will find all the help & support you need.  You will see on the lefthand side of the page, it says "Webmail Categories" and then select "Fix It"

If this doesn't help I would suggest contacting our online web chat for technical support here
    or our direct line at 1890260260.  Alternatively, you can contact them at wmsupport@eir.ie from an alternate email address and they will be able to assist you

-Kyle

Advertisement