Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Eir - only broadband transferred

Options
  • 18-05-2018 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

My home phone and broadband service is switching from Vodafone to Eir. Yesterday morning I had the fibre installed which went fine however it would appear my phone service is still with Vodafone.

How long should it take for my phone service to also transfer over to Eir? It has been more than 24 hours since the fibre went in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

muffinhead wrote: »
    My home phone and broadband service is switching from Vodafone to Eir. Yesterday morning I had the fibre installed which went fine however it would appear my phone service is still with Vodafone.

How long should it take for my phone service to also transfer over to Eir? It has been more than 24 hours since the fibre went in.
    Hi there muffinhead

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here.  Are you referring to a landline or mobile service?

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Hi Kyle, it's my landline service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Kyle, it's my landline service.
    It can take up to 5 working days for this to flow through. Can you confirm this has now transferred over? 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi Tracey, the phone service transferred over today :)

For anyone else that might be interested in the switching timeframe from the initial application date, my switch from Vodafone took 6 working days to get fibre installed and 10 working days for the phone service to transferred.

Just one question, on the Eir website Call Allowance section it states "Also note that local and national calls included in your bundle, are subject to the ’59 min rule.’ ". What is the story with the unlimited calls to Irish mobiles, UK landlines and UK mobiles - are they also subject to this limit?

Hi Tracey, the phone service transferred over today :)

For anyone else that might be interested in the switching timeframe from the initial application date, my switch from Vodafone took 6 working days to get fibre installed and 10 working days for the phone service to transferred.

Just one question, on the Eir website Call Allowance section it states "Also note that local and national calls included in your bundle, are subject to the ’59 min rule.’ ". What is the story with the unlimited calls to Irish mobiles, UK landlines and UK mobiles - are they also subject to this limit?
    Hi there muffinhead

Our unlimited deals have a fair usage policy which you can view here

In relation to the 59 minutes, the fair usage policy for this is that the call doesn't exceed 60 minutes as after, you will get charged. All you need to do is just hang up and you can call that number again for another 59 minutes. As long as any call doesn't exceed 60 minutes.

-Kyle

• Advertisement

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there muffinhead

In relation to the 59 minutes, the fair usage policy for this is that the call doesn't exceed 60 minutes as after, you will get charged. All you need to do is just hang up and you can call that number again for another 59 minutes. As long as any call doesn't exceed 60 minutes.

-Kyle
    Can you clarify, does the 59 min rule apply to the unlimited calls to Irish mobiles, UK landlines and UK mobiles? The wording on your website only states "local and national calls".

https://www.eir.ie/support/landline/home-phone-call-allowance/

Hi there muffinhead

-Kyle
    Can you clarify, does the 59 min rule apply to the unlimited calls to Irish mobiles, UK landlines and UK mobiles? The wording on your website only states "local and national calls".

https://www.eir.ie/support/landline/home-phone-call-allowance/
    This will apply to Irish Landlines & Mobile. If you're on a deal like "eir Talk - Unlimited mobile & UK", you get 1500 minutes for UK Landlines and 1000 UK Mobile (per month)

-Kyle

This will apply to Irish Landlines & Mobile. If you're on a deal like "eir Talk - Unlimited mobile & UK", you get 1500 minutes for UK Landlines and 1000 UK Mobile (per month)

-Kyle
    So any inclusive unlimited calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles aren't subject to the 59 min rule?

-Kyle
    So any inclusive unlimited calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles aren't subject to the 59 min rule?
    That is correct, muffinhead
    -Kyle

-Kyle
    That is correct, muffinhead
    -Kyle
    Thanks - that's good to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

-Kyle

This user got charged for usage over 60 mins on a national-national call. I'd be surprised if UK calls were any different. I asked Digiweb and they said it applied to all calls - UK and Ireland. Guess the only way to know for sure is try it! :)

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057874425

Advertisement