Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit collected for cancelled account

Options
  • 18-05-2018 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hello reps,

I cancelled my Eir broadband back in February and returned my modem at start of March. However a direct debit was taken from my account this week.

If this is a final bill, I will need a copy of the closing statement, but I cannot see my bills in the My Eir portal any more.

If this is not for a closing bill then I will need the charge to be refunded.

Please let me know who can look into this and I will PM details.

Thanks
    Fergus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

hazbot wrote: »
    Hello reps,

I cancelled my Eir broadband back in February and returned my modem at start of March. However a direct debit was taken from my account this week.

If this is a final bill, I will need a copy of the closing statement, but I cannot see my bills in the My Eir portal any more.

If this is not for a closing bill then I will need the charge to be refunded.

Please let me know who can look into this and I will PM details.

Thanks
    Fergus
    Hi there hazbot

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. You should've received a final bill after so the quickest way to get this refunded (if you were charged for equipment) is to go to our online web chat team here. They will just ask for your personal account details, have a look at your last bill and refund if needed.

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hazbot

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there hazbot

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. You should've received a final bill after so the quickest way to get this refunded (if you were charged for equipment) is to go to our online web chat team here. They will just ask for your personal account details, have a look at your last bill and refund if needed.

-Kyle

Hi Kyle,

I did as you suggested and it was an incorrect charge for the modem. Hopefully this is sorted now.

Thanks,
    Fergus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

hazbot wrote: »
    eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there hazbot

-Kyle

Hi Kyle,

I did as you suggested and it was an incorrect charge for the modem. Hopefully this is sorted now.

Thanks,
    Fergus
    No problem, this refund will be arranged for you now. 

I'll pass this feedback onto Kyle. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement