Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2018 Stage 13: Ferrara–Nervesa 180km

Options
  • 18-05-2018 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

tumblr_p7u9y0Omx31ropreyo5_1280.jpg
    STAGE 13 • STAGE 13: FROM FERRARA TO NERVESA DELLA BATTAGLIA. FLAT STAGE DESTINED FOR THE FASTEST WHEELS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Sam wins

/Close thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Sams DS saying that Bora & Hansgrohe as sponsors want stage wins and arent bothered by the purple jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They've talked about security a few times, why is it so elevated?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭DKmac

I'd be very surprised if there is not a crash in the last 10km of this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Sounds as if it could be a wet finish like yesterday.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

30km to go - 1min gap to break

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

No sign of sam

Come on Sam. Fingers and toes crossed. Wee one is pretty excited here too.

3km - lack of Bora lads here

If he's gonna go for it it'll be some push.

• Advertisement

2nd to Viviani it looks

2nd to Vivianni it looks

Commentators just said Sam 2nd.

Bad decision to sit on Viviani for so long then got stuck behind Stybar I think.

How they avoided a crash there is beyond me. Crazy stuff and great racing.

ED E wrote: »
    Commentators just said Sam 2nd.

yep, I meant Bennett 2nd to Viviani

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Great finish considering you couldn't pick him out with a few hundred metres to go.
    8 days to go, plenty of time for movement. He's in good form now, confidence has to be high.

The mauve jersey is probably out of reach at this stage considering he has only one real stage left to contest. Either way its an amazing tour for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

The mauve jersey is probably out of reach at this stage considering he has only one real stage left to contest. Either way its an amazing tour for him.

Viviani has to make it to Rome still(He hasnt finished a Grand Tour since 2015), bad weather in the mountains could put him in trouble. I think Sam will simply look to try survive the Alps and win the remaining two possible sprint stages (17 and 21) and then see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Chaves came home last today, over four minutes behind the penultimate rider.

I wonder if he was taking it really easy in order to help Yates as much as he can tomorrow, or is he running on empty and ready to abandon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Fair play to Viviani and brilliant celebration. He must have been doubting himself after those few bad days

He cut a classy line to the finish. Second from nowhere ain't too shabby for Sam. Tomorrow is going to be epic...

• Advertisement

Whyner wrote: »
    Tomorrow is going to be epic...

Tempted to stream it on my handlebars doing the Mount Leinster but I doubt the marshalls would approve of that :pac:

Tempted to stream it on my handlebars doing the Mount Leinster but I doubt the marshalls would approve of that :pac:

Just think how you'd rocket up listening Carlton Kirby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Mt Leinster and Zoncolan in one ride. Epic

Advertisement