Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Credit Card Payment/Statement

Options
  • 18-05-2018 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭

I applied for and received a student credit card last month. I signed up for card care and it has said the first payment was to be direct debited on 16/08 i.e. two days ago. I have opted for paper statements under the assumption that I'd receive an electronic statement too, like I do with my current account. However,  I am not sure if this is the case or not. My main question is when do I receive a statement, and when will the payment be deducted from my account? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Qrt wrote: »
    I applied for and received a student credit card last month. I signed up for card care and it has said the first payment was to be direct debited on 16/08 i.e. two days ago. I have opted for paper statements under the assumption that I'd receive an electronic statement too, like I do with my current account. However,  I am not sure if this is the case or not. My main question is when do I receive a statement, and when will the payment be deducted from my account? 

Hi Qrt,

Thank you for contacting us on Facebook.

Can you see the direct debit  on your Current account list of transactions? When you log into Card Care are there any statements available to view? They will usually be available about two weeks before the bill is due. If you need clarification on when your bill is due, we would advise you to call our Credit Card team on 0818 251 251 and they will be happy to check this for you.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Hi Qrt,

Thank you for contacting us on Facebook.

Can you see the direct debit  on your Current account list of transactions? When you log into Card Care are there any statements available to view? They will usually be available about two weeks before the bill is due. If you need clarification on when your bill is due, we would advise you to call our Credit Card team on 0818 251 251 and they will be happy to check this for you.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    There are no statements available to view, that's my confusion. My credit card was sent out on the 18/04, and according to Card Care a payment was due on 16/05. The condition of a student credit card is that you pay by direct debit, so I'm quite confused as to why it hasn't been debited or why I haven't received a bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

There are no statements available to view, that's my confusion. My credit card was sent out on the 18/04, and according to Card Care a payment was due on 16/05. The condition of a student credit card is that you pay by direct debit, so I'm quite confused as to why it hasn't been debited or why I haven't received a bill.

Hi Qrt,

If you haven't used your card since receiving it then a statement wouldn't issue in this instance. However if you have, we would advise you to call our Credit Card team on the number I've mentioned above and an advisor can check this for you.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement