Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Galway?

Options
  • 18-05-2018 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,
    I recently graduated college and I'm looking for work. I'll take basically anything so I can start saving up.

Over the last few years I've worked in Penneys (2015), The galway Races(2016) and last year I worked as a labourer for an electrician.

Must signs I see up around town are for waiters with experience so I was just wondering if anyone know of anything going/has any tips?

Comments

Ha, experience, just apply, most will want you as its becoming difficult to find staff due to the govt crackdown on illegals

If you just graduated are you not looking for work related to your field of study?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

If you just graduated are you not looking for work related to your field of study?
    Great suggestion,I'm sure the OP had never thought of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Try the recruiting agencies for the medical device factories.
    Also, there plenty of bars/restaurants with signs up looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There's lots other than waiters being advertised around by the looks of this site anyways: http://www.galway.staff-wanted.net

What did you do in college? What would you like to do, ie what's the savings for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 KeyzerSoze

Cheers for the advice everyone.

I'm looking to work in film- editing specifically but I'm also interested in camera/lighting. Doesn't seem to be too much solid stuff going in Galway but I have applied for a few things and trying to pick up some work as a freelancer.

Currently thinking about heading to the states (studied there for six months and would have some connections) or Canada for more opportunities. Considering going for a masters down the line as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement