Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to another provider

Options
  • 18-05-2018 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭

Dear Electric Ireland,

I received a letter from yourselves today on behalf of Commission for the Regulation of utilities and stating my contract expiry date and cru.ie to compare my bill with other electricity providers.
    I have found cheaper provider on the website but would love to stay with you (its my 5th year with electric Ireland) if you can provide better rates/discount.

Please let me know if anything you can offer me.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi masterboy,

Thank you for being a customer with Electric Ireland.

A joining bonus is only available for a customer bringing a new fuel to Electric Ireland.

Can you advise if you are a Pay As You Go customer or a bill-pay customer?

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi,

I am a Bill pay customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi masterboy123,

Thank you for confirming.

If switching gas to Electric Ireland (from the mains rather than bottled) is an option, you will be able to avail of a switching bonus and an 8% saving off the units used on every bill for each fuel (this saving does not expire).

Should this be possible for you, just contact the Electric Ireland Sales team on 1850 30 50 90. They are available until 8pm Monday to Friday, and until 5.30pm on Saturdays. Or alternatively, their email address is sales@electricireland.ie (if you include your electricity account details).

Let us know if you have any questions also.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I live in a place where we got electricity only.

Any discount available? Like I said before I prefer to stay with electric Ireland but other providers are giving better rate/discount at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi masterboy123,

Thanks for your post.

There is a 5% saving off electricity units for payment by direct debit. There is no contract attached to this saving, so it remains on an account indefinitely - it does not expire. For further assistance, contact Electric Ireland Sales directly on 1850 30 50 90.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement