Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicited Goods?

Options
  • 18-05-2018 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

I’ll keep this short.

I ordered a bag. I received two, same bag, one arrived and the other arrived two days later. I’ve only been charged once.

I emailed the company to tell them (I have too much of a conscience to keep the extra one, it was pretty expensive). They replied telling me they’d send me a label to return it.

I’m moving house at the moment and I work full time so getting to a post office is an inconvenience. Can I force them to send a courier to me instead? It’s their mistake, not mine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,114 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You can request them, explaining your problem getting to a PO.
    They can then decide to use a courier or wait until you can get to PO.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

I'll certainly request it alright but I'll be pretty annoyed if they tell me to take it to a post office when it's their issue to sort and not mine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

lemmno wrote: »
    I'll certainly request it alright but I'll be pretty annoyed if they tell me to take it to a post office when it's their issue to sort and not mine

Then don't take it to the post office. Simple really.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Was it delivered by courier or in the Post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Postman / woman that delivers to you will take it off you once the prepaid label is attached.

• Advertisement

Even postmen who are on foot/bike?

Spocker wrote: »
    Was it delivered by courier or in the Post?

An post with signed delivery

Advertisement