Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup FL?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any 4m playing defenders going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

manual_man wrote: »
    Silva's not a forward. Sterling is

He plays as a support/second striker for Spain - forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Oh Christ no

Almost gave in, had the team picked but too much of a headwreck

Definitely out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Any 4m playing defenders going?

Idowu (Nigeria), Escobar (Panama) and Sakai (Japan) are 3 that look likely to start.

Idowu (Nigeria), Escobar (Panama) and Sakai (Japan) are 3 that look likely to start.

Sakai is 4.5 milly

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Sakai is 4.5 milly

Typical casuals getting Hiroki Sakai (4.0) and Gotoku Sakai (4.5) mixed up

:rolleyes:

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Typical casuals getting Hiroki Sakai (4.0) and Gotoku Sakai (4.5) mixed up

:rolleyes:

Assuming you were being a small bit tongue-in-cheek and not being a príck?

This damn page haha

7djgCz.jpg

Sakai is 4.5 milly

I was talking about Hiroki Sakai who is 4.0 but I see he hasn't been starting the last few matches so maybe avoid him. Youssouf Sabaly is another 4 mill player who may start. He plays for Senegal.

I was talking about Hiroki Sakai who is 4.0 but I see he hasn't been starting the last few matches so maybe avoid him. Youssouf Sabaly is another 4 mill player who may start. He plays for Senegal.

I got caught out by the transfer page on the website. Only saw one Sakai on it

Assuming you were being a small bit tongue-in-cheek and not being a príck?

This damn page haha

7djgCz.jpg
    Yeah sorry, tongue-in-cheek.

Click View More for the full list of their defenders. Hiroki Sakai is the one that's played in all the qualifiers and is in predicted lineups.

• Advertisement

I got caught out by the transfer page on the website. Only saw one Sakai on it

No worries. On second thoughts, I think the 4.0 Sakai will start as Japan have been playing second-string sides a lot in their friendlies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Who Irans first choice keeper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Does anyone know how the 1 free transfer works in mcdonalds game. Is that use the free transfer within the round or for the next round. Its hard to tell becuase you seem to get a wildcard during 25th-30th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Does anyone know how the 1 free transfer works in mcdonalds game. Is that use the free transfer within the round or for the next round. Its hard to tell becuase you seem to get a wildcard during 25th-30th

It is within round. There will be a cut of time for when Round 2 starts so basically anytime between start of Round 1 and Start of Round 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Chesty08 wrote: »
    It is within round. There will be a cut of time for when Round 2 starts so basically anytime between start of Round 1 and Start of Round 2

And does that player become active within the round?

I.e can you get 12 players playing within a round?

Chesty08 wrote: »

So when my team is set. Say i have a Russian player play on the 14th, can I then transfer after that match for a Uruguay player for the 15th and get the points that day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

So when my team is set. Say i have a Russian player play on the 14th, can I then transfer after that match for a Uruguay player for the 15th and get the points that day

You're getting transfers and substitutions mixed up. Your transfer becomes available in the next round but you can sub off any player within in a round just like your example with a Uruguay player subbing in for a Russian. You can use all 4 subs if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Max captain active :D

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You're getting transfers and substitutions mixed up. Your transfer becomes available in the next round but you can sub off any player within in a round just like your example with a Uruguay player subbing in for a Russian. You can use all 4 subs if you want.

Ok so its like normal FPL so if I use a transfer in round one the player wont then be in my team till round 2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Enjoy lads and good luck with it. No interest whatsoever in doing it myself. I want to enjoy the months football without fretting over lineups, assists, cs and bonus points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

So have ended up with

Muslera, Diallo

Danilo, Stones, Godin, Pique, Saiss

Cueva, Coutinho, Mueller, Ndidi, Kouyate

Cavani, Mbappe, Lukaku

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Almost gave in, had the team picked but too much of a headwreck

Definitely out.

Sigh, just when I thought I was out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I put a team together in the space of 10 mins, can't see myself actively managing it though....

Guys,

the maximum captain chip is literaly as it says automatically makes highest scoring player captain.

So if you use it you dont have to bother worry about captains as it will pick the best at the end of the round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Guys,

the maximum captain chip is literaly as it says automatically makes highest scoring player captain.

So if you use it you dont have to bother worry about captains as it will pick the best at the end of the round?

yeah. so long as your best player is still on the pitch. but you'd wanna be a bit of a goof to sub off your best scoring player

manual_man wrote: »
    yeah. so long as your best player is still on the pitch. but you'd wanna be a bit of a goof to sub off your best scoring player

Ah perfect thanks, Id prefer this than triple captain tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

Ah perfect thanks, Id prefer this than triple captain tbh

Same as, would be a great change to the FPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Joined.

Though I've no idea why.

Did my team there in 15 minutes.

I usually lose interest fast in these tournaments when it comes to Fantasy, so we'll see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Love that Maximum Captain chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bad start. Brought in Miranchuk expecting him to start but he's on the bench.

Advertisement