Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from a BMW F800GS to.... what?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The_Chap wrote: »
    And why not haha, he can have a look at mine if he wants to see if it suits

Yes!.. That might be an idea. I'll defo get back to you on that one.

He just got the keys to his new home today so he might be busy for a bit, but your's was really nice when I met you. What year was it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Yes!.. That might be an idea. I'll defo get back to you on that one.

He just got the keys to his new home today so he might be busy for a bit, but your's was really nice when I met you. What year was it?.

I’m only round the corner really so it’s a serious offer mate, mine is the 2010 model

I’m only round the corner really so it’s a serious offer mate, mine is the 2010 model

Thanks for chatting on the phone last night.

The F800GS has gone to a new home in Cork. Two lovely lads drove up this evening and bought it.

So the hunt is on for a CBR1000RR now.

I'll probably drop by you tomorrow so he can check out the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrtestosterone

Thanks for chatting on the phone last night.

The F800GS has gone to a new home in Cork. Two lovely lads drove up this evening and bought it.

So the hunt is on for a CBR1000RR now.

I'll probably drop by you tomorrow so he can check out the size.

Why restrict yourself to cbr1000rr? Gsxr, zx10, r1. All are good options and more suitable for taller riders, speaking from experience. 6ft3 here. No matter which one you choose, comfort will be nowhere near as to that of a naked bike.

Why restrict yourself to cbr1000rr? Gsxr, zx10, r1. All are good options and more suitable for taller riders, speaking from experience. 6ft3 here. No matter which one you choose, comfort will be nowhere near as to that of a naked bike.

He's not restricted himself at all, he's just had his eye on a CBR1000RR this week. Going to checkout 'The Chaps 'blade for size today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

He's not restricted himself at all, he's just had his eye on a CBR1000RR this week. Going to checkout 'The Chaps 'blade for size today.

Neil on here is just after getting rid of his CBR 1000 after a year because it was too uncomfortable, he is a big lad also 6,4 110kg

If he does get one he should get the suspension set up properly for himself

Goose81 wrote: »
    Neil on here is just after getting rid of his CBR 1000 after a year because it was too uncomfortable, he is a big lad also 6,4 110kg

If he does get one he should get the suspension set up properly for himself

Looking like a CBR600RR. We're traveling over to the west tomorrow morning (was suppose to be this afternoon but we're going to make a day of it).

Whats the bets that after riding a 600 220km from Galway he'll want to sell it for something comfortable when he gets home?.

We're traveling down two up on the GS so there'll be lots of KM's done tomorrow.

I still think he's mad, but he loved The Chap's CBR1000RR.

Looking like a CBR600RR. We're traveling over to the west tomorrow morning (was suppose to be this afternoon but we're going to make a day of it).

Whats the bets that after riding a 600 220km from Galway he'll want to sell it for something comfortable when he gets home?.

We're traveling down two up on the GS so there'll be lots of KM's done tomorrow.

I still think he's mad, but he loved The Chap's CBR1000RR.

Probably haha , I'm 5'8 and I wouldn't have attempted that distance on the gsxr 600

Hope he enjoys it!

Goose81 wrote: »
    Probably haha , I'm 5'8 and I wouldn't have attempted that distance on the gsxr 600

Hope he enjoys it!

Like I said we're traveling two up on my GS, the idea being that we can swap rides on the way back. I wouldn't expect him to torture himself on a 200 plus KM ride on that thing lol.

I might even let him carry me pillion on the way out, I haven't been a pillion on a bike in over thirty years (the thoughts scares the crap out of me).

Well no doubt he'll have an arse like an alter boy in a Vatican hot tub this time tomorrow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

Hypermotard - best of both, if he's like his auld fella he should be big enough to muscle it around (the judo might be handy too).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

+1 - or maybe the Hyperstrada if you want a bit more comfort and practicality - I've been looking into them loads myself and they get great reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Mak I'm around Galway today keeping an eye out for a gs and cbr

Mak I'm around Galway today keeping an eye out for a gs and cbr

We're home, had you posted that last night we could have hooked up.

Went out and picked up the bike from Dunmore, Co.Galway then back via Tuam and stopped for a coffee with a mate in Athlone.

Here she is.

453026.jpg

453027.jpg

We got from Dunmore back to Portmarnock in Dublin before hitting reserve on both bikes (speed limits were observed at all times, and smashed )

So not bad going for the CBR (240km).

I took it for a short motorway blast, fook me those things can move!.

Went out and picked up the bike from Dunmore, Co.Galway then back via Tuam and stopped for a coffee with a mate in Athlone.

Here she is.

453026.jpg

453027.jpg

We got from Dunmore back to Portmarnock in Dublin before hitting reserve on both bikes (speed limits were observed at all times, and smashed )

Lovely colour, damn right they can move. When I sold mine your man seemed a lunatic so I dated the reg cert for the day before , I wasn't getting any tickets haha

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

453026.jpg

It's not difficult to see why this bike was chosen when it's photographed next to the GS. :D

Practicality be damned!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Zascar wrote: »
    +1 - or maybe the Hyperstrada if you want a bit more comfort and practicality - I've been looking into them loads myself and they get great reviews

The question then is whether to go for the hyperstrada or the multistrada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Cienciano wrote: »

Hyper all day everyday. Personal preference but it looks far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Rory28 wrote: »
    Hyper all day everyday. Personal preference but it looks far better.

Can't imagine many hyperstradas for sale in Ireland, lot of multis though. You could get a standard hypermotard, get a screen and boxes and risers. I think the tank is bigger on the hyperstrada too.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Here she is.

453026.jpg

453027.jpg

Congratulations, it looks a beaut

Lumen wrote: »
    It's not difficult to see why this bike was chosen when it's photographed next to the GS. :D

Practicality be damned!

Well I don't think anyone has ever bought a GS because they're a pretty bike!.

I've two bicycles, one is costing me a few grand and looks like its breaking records just resting here in my kitchen extention, the other is a Halfords hybrid which I got for nothing ~ guess which is used almost daily, and which one is uncomfortable, very fast but is seldom used?..

Yup, the Halfords is my workhorse and I may as well be throwing sugar lumps and rose petals at the other thing lol
    Congratulations, it looks a beaut

Thanks. You planted the seed!. I almost had him buying another sensible bike until he sat on your CBR lol

He bought it in Dunmore, Co.Galway. I rode it from Tuam to Athenry, then like a hero he rode it from Athenry to Dublin. I thought he'd be cripped with pain and wishing to sell it by the time we reached Athlone but nope he pushed on.

By Dublin he loved it still and wasn't hurting at all.

I'm a bit big to get down under its double bubble screen, and with the speed I was pushing it wind blowing into my face at 230kph I found my neck tiring but its a great little thing.

Sorry for the slow replies guys, I'm just coming off a 24 hour shift in work :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cienciano wrote: »

Yeah true I've been thinking about that one myself. Pretty different bikes. All the reviews of the Hypermotard are that is it is a total beast, absolutely brilliant and nothing is more fun for a short blast or a street bike, but its not that practical for long spins or touring etc. They fixed most of that with the Hyperstrada while still keeping all the best bits. The Multistrada is a much bigger bike, more refined and more comfortable - but not as much fun and a different animal.

Hyperstrada for me.

Here she is.

453027.jpg

Lovely, what year? Hard to beat a blade but they are a small bike for a big rider and not the most comfy in traffic etc. I just sold mins, going int he opposite direction of your son...

Zascar wrote: »
    Lovely, what year? Hard to beat a blade but they are a small bike for a big rider and not the most comfy in traffic etc. I just sold mins, going int he opposite direction of your son...

She's a 2012 model.

I've a video on my phone, I'll try upload it to youtube later (changing phones atm). She's an absolute minter, you'd swear he'd rode it straight off the showroom floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

Turned out exactly like I've said, and everyone doubted me.

Mrhuth wrote: »
    Turned out exactly like I've said, and everyone doubted me.

Nothing has changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

bladespin wrote: »
    Nothing has changed.

You're only fooling yourself

I kneeslide, I won't drag, it slows ya down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

And you think you're fooling all of us. Go and take a picture of your bike with a card with today's date and your user name beside it. Preferably in your driveway or garage to prove you actually have one.

Until then I'm calling shenanigans on everything you post.

D3V!L wrote: »
    And you think you're fooling all of us. Go and take a picture of your bike with a card with today's date and your user name beside it. Preferably in your driveway or garage to prove you actually have one.

Until then I'm calling shenanigans on everything you post.

572c13d06c47db36be2f3182b2672248.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Flip flops and all. what a lad.

Advertisement