Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Dublin Bike Ride 2018 - 23rd Sept

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭py

Doop wrote: »
    On a lighter note.. the photos are up... :pac:

Only a few of my good self in Phoenix park.. they're pricey tho...

Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

py wrote: »
    Got a link?

http://www.finisherpix.com/events/single-view/great-dublin-bike-ride-2018.html

Theres lots of 'lost and found' ones be while going through them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭54and56

Lewotsil wrote: »
    Sweeping generalisations that tarnish a good event imo. 
    Overpriced Accomodation and expensive restaurants :) ..... never knew such value was to be had in Dublin!!  Killarney/Kerry has plenty cheap accommodation.......think you have Dublin centric blinkers on
    PS -  thousands of ROK cyclists are from West Munster (count the cars in the many car parks on the day and most have racks for multiple bikes) ....... 
    I am not against GDBR - I am pro anything that is cycling related which is why I get annoyed when the ROK knockers in this parish start banging their drums.

I think you've a bit of a chip on your shoulder there Lewotsil. My reading of WA's post was that he nailed the facts i.e. the GDBR due to it's location is participated in MAINLY by people who don't require either overnight accommodation or restaurants and those that do have a pretty wide selection to choose from due to the volume of rooms and restaurants in the greater Dublin area. Weekend rates in late Sept are not peak season so with AirBnB etc there is plenty of choice at all price points.

ROK on the other hand will have a much higher % of participants who require accommodation and food and due to the lower volume of available rooms and restaurants (relative to Dublin) plus the fact it's bang in the middle of high season July the cost can be quite high.

It's all a down to simple geography, population density, volume of availabile of rooms and restaurants and seasonal timing rather than some sort of parochial attack or downer on the ROK!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Doop wrote: »
    http://www.finisherpix.com/events/single-view/great-dublin-bike-ride-2018.html

Theres lots of 'lost and found' ones be while going through them :rolleyes:

Jesus that's just pointless, 16 photos per page and thousands of pages.. Good luck with that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭54and56

Andy Magic wrote: »
    Jesus that's just pointless, 16 photos per page and thousands of pages.. Good luck with that

Exactly, I flicked through the first 20 pages (found one of myself which is better than the single other one they had sent me despite having my race number clearly visible on the front of the bike) and quickly gave up.

They need a slicker wolling carousel type solution than having to load 16 images page by page over 1,600 times!!!

Why not break it into folders of 65km and 105km starts as well as separate sections which were unique for the 65km and 105km routes so we don't end up spending time looking at images of the "other" route which won't be relevant to us?

They are in the business of selling images and should be making it easy not hard!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Andy Magic wrote: »
    Did you enter your number?

Mine came up instantly after entering the number.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mine came up too, but I'd wager there are more in there as I've seen pics of others that were around me for much of the cycle at the start and end

• Registered Users Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭patrickc

Did you enter your number?

Mine came up instantly after entering the number.

I did and got 3 pictures of someone completely different

Survey for the event should be in people's inbox now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Tore them a new one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

patrickc wrote: »
    I did and got 3 pictures of someone completely different

If he was faster than you then just pretend to be him :pac:

Borderfox wrote: »
    Tore them a new one

Have done the same. First time in a sportive where I've genuinely felt it was an unsafe event, even if it was just towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Advertisement