Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting down/trimming back public trim

Options
  • 18-05-2018 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

I moved into a new house recently. Just behind our back garden there are 4 or 5 pretty tall trees. When we moved in originally it was Autumn and the trees were still quite bare. In the last few weeks they have become alot more full and are starting to block alot of light from our kitchen.

I am hoping to get someone in to trim them back (depending on price-I have no idea how much this would cost). I would hope this is possible rather than cutting them down completely. Would anyone know if I need permission from city council to do this or am I safe to just go ahead? There are on the side of a small public road.

Thanks in advance,
    Sarah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

If they are not on your property you can't cut or trim or otherwise interfere with the trees nor trespass on the land with the intent to act as a tree surgeon.

If they are on public land you could contact the council and ask if they are willing to inspect and reduce the size of the trees.

If a branch is growing across your property line you can cut it back only to the property line.

Advertisement