Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of "Ignore all" option in word?

• 19-05-2018 10:50am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭

It's when I'm about to cut a piece of text, that dialog box appears, and I've to click "ignore all" to make it go away. Whatever this feature is for, it seems more hassle than it's worth. I couldn't seem to get a straight answer for this on google.

Then, it often appears a second time if the piece of text you go to cut is slightly different.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

File >> Options >> Proofing

Should be an option to turn off grammar/spell-checking for your document.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

1. What version of Office you have?
    2. If text in non-English language, consider to install "editing language" pack: File >> Options >> Languages

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭TheTruthIsMine

1. What version of Office you have?
    2. If text in non-English language, consider to install "editing language" pack: File >> Options >> Languages
    Well you should assume that the text is in english!

beauf wrote: »
    File >> Options >> Proofing

Should be an option to turn off grammar/spell-checking for your document.
    Well I don't mind the grammar/spell-checking, it just the copy and paste issue I'm having. I hope they don't both have to go together!

Well you should assume that the text is in english!
    Well........you know what ASS-U-ME mean some times :D

I have Office 2016 Pro Puls, and I'm not able to replicate your issue.
    Can you provide screenshot?

• Advertisement

I have Office 2016 Pro Puls, and I'm not able to replicate your issue.
    Can you provide screenshot?
    Here you go.

It's this that sometimes pops up when I'm going to 'cut' something. Then after clicking "ignore once", you have to highlight all the text again. Ever encountered the like?

It's checking grammar. Either turn it off or add the errors to the dictionary of it's something you use a lot.

It's checking grammar. Either turn it off or add the errors to the dictionary of it's something you use a lot.
    English please

In that case leave the grammar checker on and just add phases to the dictionary more often. Eventually it will learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

In the screenshot, it's asking you to either fix or "ignore all" occurrences of an error in the text.

Of which there are many.

It's nothing to do with cutting and pasting.

• Advertisement

He means he has to do it twice first time for the grammar the second time to cut or paste.

Alternatively if you correct to add to the grammar as you go, it won't be popping up every time you use the right click menu.

Or turn it off. I find it annoying but useful. So I leave it on. I just make a habit of correcting the grammar or adding to it as I go.

peckerhead wrote: »
    In the screenshot, it's asking you to either fix or "ignore all" occurrences of an error in the text.

Of which there are many.

It's nothing to do with cutting and pasting.
    Of course it's nothing to do with cutting or pasting, but it delays me doing so.

Would it not mind its own business if I want to make errors. I hardly don't know they're already there. The sooner Bill Gates dies the better word will be.

In fairness it's got nothing to do with Bill and all about you not looking to how to turn it off.

Alternatively if you correct to add to the grammar as you go, it won't be popping up every time you use the right click menu.
    It'd be a different thing every time though.

In fairness it's got nothing to do with Bill and all about you not looking to how to turn it off.
    But is there any way I can have the grammar/spell-checking on (with underlined parts in red & blue), and have the "ignore all" feature off??

Looks like you have to choose either to check spelling/grammar or disable it.

As workaround you could use keyboard for cut/copy/paste(CTRL+X/CTRL+C/CTRL+V) operation instead RIGHT CLICK. This way it will not pop any windows, but still keep checking your spelling/grammar.

Full list of Keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Word on Windows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Was just going to say use the copy shortcut as above.
    If you aren't happy with shortcuts, just avoid right clicking on a word that is underlined with either a blue or red line after highlighting.

Looks like you have to choose either to check spelling/grammar or disable it.

As workaround you could use keyboard for cut/copy/paste(CTRL+X/CTRL+C/CTRL+V) operation instead RIGHT CLICK. This way it will not pop any windows, but still keep checking your spelling/grammar.
    Thanks,

It seems hat the only solution. I'll hire the hit man for Gates.

Advertisement