Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro 2018 stage 14:S.Vito Tagliamento-Monte Zoncolan 186km

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Good to see the natural order has been restored today.

Not sure natural was the right choice of words but defo what Froom/Sky will be like in France

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Toms got that jersey on his back now.

I'm not so sure.
    Tom could lose more time in the mountains. For sure he'll get time back in T.T., but may not be enough. A lot to play for still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭py

Just watched the replay of the finish, was there a distinct lack of cheering (or perhaps booing) when Froome crossed the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

godtabh wrote: »
    Not sure natural was the right choice of words but defo what Froom/Sky will be like in France

It was a deliberate choice of word!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭lissard

Great stage. That really is one amazing mountain, relentlessly brutal all the way. And what a class summit. Very impressed with Yeats and Dumoulin. Not sure if Froome would have lasted if the line were another 500 meters up the road. I guess with all his ailments he really has measure out the effort ;-) . Think tomorrow in the dolomites might see a lot of guys crack.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Will the win go to Yates or will there just be an asterix......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

With mountains still to go and a TT and maybe staring to find form froome could claw back a heap of time and make things very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭lissard

RobFowl wrote: »
    Will the win go to Yates or will there just be an asterix......

Questioning the great British Champion* tut, tut. I agree with you, it's nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd say Froome has been taking it handy for the last two weeks thinking that everyone loves an underdog or a comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

retalivity wrote: »
    Sam B last man in @33:49, 90s behind boy van poppel who was 2nd last, and 3mins behind the next bora guy.
    Must have struggled on his own up the last climb

I think we saw a few days ago that when it really counts Sam can climb a little better than that.

When he is not targeting a stage he is often right at the back, isn't he

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

He was doing wheelies up Zoncolan too

https://twitter.com/ginevragarga/status/997868479331143680

Seven Worlds will Collide

He was at that carry on on the previous climb too :D

Good to see him enjoying the race though not sure thats right term on that climb.

EDIT: I just spotted that is the broom wagon chasing him ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I didn't get to see the race live today... Watching Eurosport highlights now... Absolute bag of sh*te!

They took an ad break at 6 km to go with Poels leading the peloton with Froome, Yates and Dumoulin amongst others there.

After the ad break, Froome is on his own in front, and Yates has gained time on Dumoulin. WTF Eurosport! :confused: :mad:

You picked the wrong stream. the uninterrupted one is the one you need or the replay of the race on the ES1 stream. If you're watching the highlights thats bad editing as they didn't cut for an ad at 6km even on ES1 during the live racing.

You picked the wrong stream. the uninterrupted one is the one you need or the replay of the race on the ES1 stream. If you're watching the highlights thats bad editing as they didn't cut for an ad at 6km even on ES1 during the live racing.

Cheers. The highlights show used to be a lot better. If there was a mountain top finish, they'd show the whole final climb. That's what I was expecting. But when the show was only 60 minutes long, I should have known that would not have been the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I really enjoyed today's stage, nice to see Froome coming back into form,

Yates is in outstanding form, what a treat.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'd say Froome has been taking it handy for the last two weeks thinking that everyone loves an underdog or a comeback
    More likely that he went in deliberately underprepared in order to facilitate a Giro-TdF double.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Lumen wrote: »
    More likely that he went in deliberately underprepared in order to facilitate a Giro-TdF double.

That's quite a dismissive and insulting attitude towards the event and organiser by him if that is the case especially given the large fee he would be paid for being there.

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    That's quite a dismissive and insulting attitude towards the event and organiser by him if that is the case especially given the large fee he would be paid for being there.

I don't think it is.

He's of the belief that he can't do back-to-back GTs at 100%. Didn't he come into the TdF last undercooked so that he could go for the Tour-Vuelta double?

Advertisement