Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMA "Now Ye're Talking - to a Taboid Journalist" thread is gone?

Options
  • 19-05-2018 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

As the title says, there was an AMA thread with a Taboid Journalist earlier this week that no longer seems to be on the site. Can someone confirm if it was removed? And if so, why was it removed? There is no explaination given in the AMA forum.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The thread is still here, however Niamh closed it as unfortunately the guest didn't have any time this week to answer more questions.

EDIT: Actually I've just noticed that the thread status has been changed to moderated, which means it's not visible. I suspect that Niamh did that in error when she was closing the thread, but I'll ask her to take a look when she's back in the office on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Lauras Law

Zaph wrote: »
    The thread is still here, however Niamh closed it as unfortunately the guest didn't have any time this week to answer more questions.

EDIT: Actually I've just noticed that the thread status has been changed to moderated, which means it's not visible. I suspect that Niamh did that in error when she was closing the thread, but I'll ask her to take a look when she's back in the office on Monday.

I still don't see the thread...

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Lauras Law,
    The thread was removed due to genuine privacy concerns of the OP and has not been reinstated. Sorry about that. You can read a list of the other AMAs done in the past here if you'd like to read any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That is ironic given the busiest thread on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Not sure I see the irony, but since Alanis Morrisette moved the goalposts I'm not entirely sure what irony is.

The AMA participant has clearly been rumbled as to their real name,or close to being rumbled, and since they are still in their job, they'd probably like to keep it. So, fair play to boards for closing it as the AMA subject requested. Doubt very much it'd encourage others to offer to do an AMA if boards hung them out to dry.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I'm not entirely sure what irony is.

Well that explains why you don't see it.

Advertisement