Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcycle VRT help!

Options
  • 19-05-2018 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So i have recently purchased my first motorcycle. The bike however is registered in the united kingdom. The previous owner had the bike for quite sometime in Ireland without doing the vrt on it and i have read that the bike must be registered within 7 days of entering the state. So my question basically what is the procedure that i should follow to get the vrt on my bike at this stage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

In my local vrt centre they go off the date on your purchase receipt not any date on the V5. did you get a receipt from the seller? if not ya will need to get one(write it yourself) and problem solved.
    Also think its 30 days you have to import

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bartosz123

so you are telling me that i write a receipt for myself saying that i bought the bike from the previous owner but he had the bike in dublin for number of months without registering will that affect me trying to do the vrt now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I would write it from whoevers name is on the V5, and date it this week

Advertisement