Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bakery on Sundays in Cork

Options
  • 19-05-2018 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭

Aside from supermarkets, are there any bakeries open with fresh bread etc. on Sundays in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

northgirl wrote: »
    Aside from supermarkets, are there any bakeries open with fresh bread etc. on Sundays in Cork?

Most supermarket's open their bakeries on Sunday. Best to phone your local supermarket. Maybe put in an order in advance if quantity is large...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

askU wrote: »
    Most supermarket's open their bakeries on Sunday. Best to phone your local supermarket. Maybe put in an order in advance if quantity is large...

I'm looking for a non-supermarket bakery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don't know of any open on a Sunday.

The baked in store bread in Lidl is actually very good.
    I like their country loaf, the multiseed and the white sourdough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

northgirl wrote: »
    I'm looking for a non-supermarket bakery.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Natural-Foods-Bakery-107424555944396/ 10am-4pm in Blackrock Village There's supposed to be a few stalls there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Fitzpatricks in Glounthaune if it's not too far from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Colser wrote: »

absolutely love that place, fantastic cakes and the staff are on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The super valu up in Grange have a good bakery section, fresh cakes and bread baked on Sundays.

I usually go up on Sunday about 10-30/11am and get a loaf and they cut it to whatever thickness you like then to, if you so wish.

Have gotten fresh cakes there too for birthdays and they've been top notch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Colser wrote: »

I love their brown soda bread!

Advertisement