Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC tamper alert even when alarm isn't armed

Options
  • 19-05-2018 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

We're getting intermittent false alarms for Zone 3 which is the Kitchen area. I've looked through other threads to find out how to disable the tamper function in the sensors but of course our one has an extra wire that ok any of the others I've seen posted about doesn't! Can anyone tell me how to disable the tamper please? It's driving us, and the neighbours, cracked!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The easiest was is to open the panel and disconnect the pair of wires into zone 3 tamper. Then wire a short length of cable or a staple across those 2 terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Redchick

Do you mean on the pcb board?

Picture of the sensor

https://imgur.com/a/03QGBGq

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could try closing(join together) off the blue and yellow in the sensor. But to be sure its best to do it in the panel. There could be a problem anywhere alone that cable or zone not just at the sensor.

Tried that and now it's saying that zone is open...Will try doing what you've suggested to the pcb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Redchick wrote: »
    Tried that and now it's saying that zone is open...Will try doing what you've suggested to the pcb.

If the tamper loop comes in contact with the alarm loop it will show open on the alarm side. Other than that it could be a loose connection in the sensor.
    The green cable is just completing the circuit between the shock and the reed. Putting the loop across the tamper side of the zone in the control panel will take the tamper condition that is causing the issue out of the system altogether.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million....I think it's sorted for the short term anyway. I got around the "open zone" by omitting the zone when setting the alarm. We've got two dogs who sleep in the kitchen at night an during the day so that zone is well covered. Getting a new install in the next few weeks so hopefully it will be a thing of the past!!!

The installer would easily find that problem then so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Redchick wrote: »
    Thanks a million....I think it's sorted for the short term anyway. I got around the "open zone" by omitting the zone when setting the alarm. We've got two dogs who sleep in the kitchen at night an during the day so that zone is well covered. Getting a new install in the next few weeks so hopefully it will be a thing of the past!!!

Thats one way of protecting the area :D

Id have them test the cable also just in case of a fault with it.

Advertisement