Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

It would be nice if you could choose what map to play 24/7

that would be great, there's 2 maps i hate; Aniyah Palace and Arklov Peak, i exit them straight away.

The only other gripe i have is that you don't qualify for xp when entering a game already in play (cant remember what it says, but that's the jist).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

johndoe99 wrote: »
    that would be great, there's 2 maps i hate; Aniyah Palace and Arklov Peak, i exit them straight away.

The only other gripe i have is that you don't qualify for xp when entering a game already in play (cant remember what it says, but that's the jist).

There's a few of those maps I won't play, stopped doing quick play because of them but they removed shoothouse so no choice but to do quick play. Takes an age to find a game, because everyone else is the same they hate those maps and leave.

You get XP when you join in progress, doesn't count as a loss.

I don't get that they remove Gun game and Shoot House but leave Trials who even plays that? Played it once, not fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Homelander

But also, you pay absolutely nothing for Apex.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against this model per se and I can even see the benefits over a season pass of DLC content which splits the player base but Activision are taking a free-to-play pay mechanic and applying it to a full price AAA game.

The choice was optional season-pass that doesn't affect core gameplay or split the player base, or paid DLC that does. It wouldn't be realistic to expect them to do neither, so the first is by far the better option for consumers I think. Not saying I agree with the practice in principle, but it's by far the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

If there's anyone here who regularly plays online and wants to party up, post your Gamertag or PSN and I'll add them to the list

I'm on most nights looking for a party

ieMiCr0 on ps4

Is Shoot House even in the quick play rotation? Saw Crash alright.

• Advertisement

Just purchased CP there, 1.1k. This triggered a 1.6gb update.

pexels-photo-931317.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=1&w=500

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭One More Toy

pexels-photo-931317.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=1&w=500

Count yourself lucky - I'm on 4g and the updates take a day to download

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

The seem to have added NVG maps into the HC TDM playlist, gotta adjust my layouts.
    If there's anyone here who regularly plays online and wants to party up, post your Gamertag or PSN and I'll add them to the list
    I'm on most nights looking for a party
    AirBiscuit#4661194
    Everyone got the patch, CoD points or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

if the updates keep coming in these sizes, we'll probably get a notification in a few months that a 500gb PS4 is too small :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Couldn’t even get online tonight. Weird as fifa and everything else is working ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

TTK seems to have been increased.

New update uses less CPU only at 99% now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

dreamers75 wrote: »
    TTK seems to have been increased.

Seems to...or has it...was it in some patch notes. I would hate it if they increased the TTK. I though it was perfect

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

TTK is no different than what it has been.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

AirBiscuit wrote: »

AirBiscuit#4661194

What device is this username from, sorry?

I've updated the Gamertag list now with the latest additions (PS4)

Is there no one who plays Xbox?? :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Is there no one who plays Xbox?? :P :D

I'm still knocking about on Xbox - Just haven't been going on lately. It's harder to motivate myself to go on when playing solo, not as enjoyable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

x43r0 wrote: »
    I'm still knocking about on Xbox - Just haven't been going on lately. It's harder to motivate myself to go on when playing solo, not as enjoyable.

Blast from the past. I'll be on later if you fancy some 2v2 action

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

TTK is no different than what it has been.

In Core mode it takes more bullets to kill, not sure about the other mode.

Last few days I am been getting more into it, its a decent game only annoyance/s are bunny hopping/dolphin diving. 100% sure players have it marcod when they shoot they do either, seriously needs a cooldown especially in core mode.

Also killstreaks need to die, like actually die or if that offends the cod players make the spawn points undercover. 4 deaths in a row by simply popping into existence then out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Seems to...or has it...was it in some patch notes. I would hate it if they increased the TTK. I though it was perfect

I dont think it was. Couldn't see anything on the patch notes. Feels the same on ps4

dreamers75 wrote: »
    In Core mode it takes more bullets to kill, not sure about the other mode.

Last few days I am been getting more into it, its a decent game only annoyance/s are bunny hopping/dolphin diving. 100% sure players have it marcod when they shoot they do either, seriously needs a cooldown especially in core mode.

Also killstreaks need to die, like actually die or if that offends the cod players make the spawn points undercover. 4 deaths in a row by simply popping into existence then out.

I only play core it definitely hasn't changed. The only time I've seen it take more to kill is when you're on a bad connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The VTOL is a joke. 3 rockets fired at it and it doesn't even do damage until the 3rd one. Never successfully took one down so I have absolutely no idea how many tickets it needs. Basically just given up on anything other than UAV, CUAV and the sentry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

MarkY91 wrote: »
    The VTOL is a joke. 3 rockets fired at it and it doesn't even do damage until the 3rd one. Never successfully took one down so I have absolutely no idea how many tickets it needs. Basically just given up on anything other than UAV, CUAV and the sentry.

Switch to an lmg . Takes it down quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Switch to an lmg . Takes it down quick enough

So I hear.

I'll keep an lmg class for that purpose but 3 ****ing rockets should be enough ffs.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    So I hear.

I'll keep an lmg class for that purpose but 3 ****ing rockets should be enough ffs.

Well one is deflected with flares. I always switch to the default class with the PKM. It's dead in 100 bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Well one is deflected with flares. I always switch to the default class with the PKM. It's dead in 100 bullets.

Same here. As soon as I hear vtol inbound straight to PKM with blind eye and its gone in less than a mag.

It annoys me more than I'd to admit when people ignore killstreaks in the air; Counter-UAV especially. It's basically made out of paper. 10 bullets with a smg will take it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭circadian

Playing domination on Crash last night. On a team of 5,3 of whom were camping the 3 storey. Needless to say we got hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

circadian wrote: »
    Playing domination on Crash last night. On a team of 5,3 of whom were camping the 3 storey. Needless to say we got hammered.

Why were you and the other guy not holding down A & B? :)

RPG's don't have that problem of needing to lock on, 2 and its gone. It's a massive target also, unless you are not 20° from its centre in any direction it will be done with an RPG especially when there is someone shooting it with an LMG in which case it is sometimes 1 RPG.

CUAV are a joke, don't know why I waste an RPG on them, also an easy target. I think a sniper takes them out with 4 shots or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Just heard shoothouse 24/7 is back !!

• Advertisement

heroics wrote: »
    Just heard shoothouse 24/7 is back !!

Thank god, absolutely sick of the normal maps but only because of all the crap in there. They just need to add gungame and infected to the filtered playlist along with reinforced, which will make room for shipment 24/7.

Advertisement