Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

What device is this username from, sorry?

I've updated the Gamertag list now with the latest additions (PS4)

Is there no one who plays Xbox?? :P :D
    It's for the the in-game cross platform friend system.

Add through the social menu in game.
    saeoTf6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thank god, absolutely sick of the normal maps but only because of all the crap in there.

Too many maps tbh :D I still learning one and they add like 3 more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

They really need to do something about the grind for tiers. I'm on level 77 yet only tier 13. At this rate I'll be max level on tier 50 or something stupid like that. There is probably no way for some to get their CP back in time for the next Season in 2 months. I'll be cutting fine myself I think because I won't be spending 8-10 hrs everyday grinding away.

almost 84 now and 2/3 the way through 16. It must not count challenge xp or something which is a bit dumb considering the whole idea of officer ranks are challenges to get emblems.

Noticed some weird hybrid spawn system on shoot house, buddy spawn. Have not been killed because of it yet.

That Holger is an absolute shite gun. More damage than an AK yet an AK kills quicker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CUAV are a joke, don't know why I waste an RPG on them,

HarmfulObeseFerret-max-1mb.gif
    almost 84 now and 2/3 the way through 16. It must not count challenge xp or something which is a bit dumb considering the whole idea of officer ranks are challenges to get emblems.

Just 83 and halfway through 19.
    I bought the 1000CP Battle Pass, don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I also used an XP token on a 15K XP challenge.

I'm doing another 15K XP challenge(Three Cheers) now and will stop at about 345/350 and will pair it with as many 15K XP challenges as possible and then use a 2XP token.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    HarmfulObeseFerret-max-1mb.gif

Just 83 and halfway through 19.
    I bought the 1000CP Battle Pass, don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I also used an XP token on a 15K XP challenge.

I'm doing another 15K XP challenge(Three Cheers) now and will stop at about 345/350 and will pair it with as many 15K XP challenges as possible and then use a 2XP token.

Not sure if it does make a difference the only thing the other pass did was unlock all the free stuff. Maybe someone could confirm they still count their xp?!

Be interesting to see if that does count, 30k should definitely make a dent.

---

Those RPG camo challanges do not count simultaneously or have bugged out on me, very annoying!

- Splinter "destroy ground based vehicles or killstreaks" 53 of 75
    - Stripes "destroy killstreaks" 0 of 50
    - Skulls: "destroy vehicles" done
    - Topo: I think was a combination of all, done

Am now 89/26, played some survival earlier - massive XP and tier jumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Those RPG camo challanges do not count simultaneously or have bugged out on me, very annoying!

I believe the ones at 0 require you to have the Spotter perk. Was having issues with my own and changed from Amped to Spotted and they started completing. Which is also a pain in the ass as they're so slow to reload without Amped!

Still annoys me that the second last camo challenge for guns is 75 kills without attachments. Make that the second challenge ffs, do ye know how crap the SA-87 is without attachments? Took me ages to get it, and nearly had to camp for it in the end.

Also annoyed about the slow progress of the Battle Pass. Back up to 73 I think but still only at about 8 in the BP. Will not be getting to the end of it I reckon, don't have the time or patience to complete it. Which means I probably won't buy the second BP if the progress is that slow. Genuinely thought it would level up with your officer ranks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Very casual player here. Maybe an hour or two every couple of days. What I can say is what a game.

The main single player campaign is up there with the best of COD. the storyline is so well written and that chapter in London during the terror attach was amazingly done. Haven't completed yet.

Dipped my foot online and feeling quite good about it. Love the smaller maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Usually only play this on weekends after a few drinks, I can't handle the pressure. Last weekend my brother told me our last session (gunfight) went
    0-8 and I was awful. I was so drunk I didn't remember.
    Fired it up last night and went
    8-2, 13-3, 8-2. 13-2. Played maybe 15 games and went something like 11-4. I was utterly dominant, even in the games I lost one of which was solo.

Skill based matchmaking is awesome

• Advertisement

I believe the ones at 0 require you to have the Spotter perk. Was having issues with my own and changed from Amped to Spotted and they started completing. Which is also a pain in the ass as they're so slow to reload without Amped!

Still annoys me that the second last camo challenge for guns is 75 kills without attachments. Make that the second challenge ffs, do ye know how crap the SA-87 is without attachments? Took me ages to get it, and nearly had to camp for it in the end.

Also annoyed about the slow progress of the Battle Pass. Back up to 73 I think but still only at about 8 in the BP. Will not be getting to the end of it I reckon, don't have the time or patience to complete it. Which means I probably won't buy the second BP if the progress is that slow. Genuinely thought it would level up with your officer ranks...

I'm not sure if this is the case because I have the PILA ones almost done without using spotter which stands to reason that they would be the same progression, there is one for amped also and this is worded so I can't see them failing to word spotter, but its worth a try anyway cheers! Have been meaning to use spotter anyway to help see equipment to hack.

Yeah it is really pointless having 0 attachments as the 2nd last challenge when most likely every attachment is unlocked, should be the first challenge!

Edit: destroyed a VTOL with spotter on didn't count it at all so probably not spotter.

piplip87 wrote: »
    Very casual player here. Maybe an hour or two every couple of days. What I can say is what a game.

The main single player campaign is up there with the best of COD. the storyline is so well written and that chapter in London during the terror attach was amazingly done. Haven't completed yet.

Dipped my foot online and feeling quite good about it. Love the smaller maps.

It really goes to show how terrible the larger maps play, Shoot House, Hackney Yard and Gun Runner are really faced paced I'd also say Arklov Peak, and the later is fast paced of the larger maps, the rest have way too many lines of sight which slow down gameplay. They really should add map filtering! I'd say 75% of the player base just back out of the slow paced maps just not fun.

Edit: destroyed a VTOL with spotter on didn't count it at all so probably not spotter.

Strange, mine didn't start until I was using Spotter, had to Google it and that was the advice I found. Probably bugged so, quite a lot of that going on. I didn't get any camo unlocks on the PILA until the first proper big update, had already got gold on the PKM at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Trying to get the aug gold and it’s killing me. Long shots of all things is what I am missing.

1300 kills with the stupid thing and only 43 long shots!!

heroics wrote: »
    Trying to get the aug gold and it’s killing me. Long shots of all things is what I am missing.

1300 kills with the stupid thing and only 43 long shots!!

Realism mode ;)

And use the 407mm or 622mm barrel attachment. Then play Domination and camp a point from a good angle. The church in Arklov Peak or the factory/house with the trenches on Grazna Raid.

The AUG is very powerful with the right set up, but reduces the ADS time and general mobility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

And use the 407mm or 622mm barrel attachment. Then play Domination and camp a point from a good angle. The church in Arklov Peak or the factory/house with the trenches on Grazna Raid.

The AUG is very powerful with the right set up, but reduces the ADS time and general mobility.

Think that's the problem. I've been using it the way a SMG should be used. :D Finished it last night by basically camping on a point I knew was far enough for a long shot to count. Felt dirty after it. not as bad as the couple of games I spent mounting it to everything I could find though.

Iv'e noticed the officer challenges are not tracking correctly. It does not track the recently unlocked one, it will only track the 2nd last.

Iv'e noticed the officer challenges are not tracking correctly. It does not track the recently unlocked one, it will only track the 2nd last.

Noticed that a couple of days ago.

Am doing a few 12K/15K officer challenges to 99% and will the pop a 2XP token and will then complete them all as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Jumped on last night for an hour. having not played in a few days (PS4)... had a weird bug where a good few players looked like they were aiming straight up in the sky, happened on several rounds. Then also had another bug where when i loaded in my gun was missing and i was unable to shoot, switching to sidearms \ grenades etc didnt fix it, very strange, you needed to respawn before it went back to normal.

Anyone have anything similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

allybhoy wrote: »
    Jumped on last night for an hour. having not played in a few days (PS4)... had a weird bug where a good few players looked like they were aiming straight up in the sky, happened on several rounds. Then also had another bug where when i loaded in my gun was missing and i was unable to shoot, switching to sidearms \ grenades etc didnt fix it, very strange, you needed to respawn before it went back to normal.

Anyone have anything similar?

I found the guns pointed in the air when i had cross play switched on a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

got my W/L to 1.01. Gunfight is certainly old man friendly. Need to build on this in Christmas noob season so I can see it out. Some highlights yesterday were killing the wrong guy with a throwing knife and then doing it to the right guy which made it look less like a mistake, cooking a grenade too long which fortunately does not come up on the winning kill cam and getting murdered by an invisible enemy
    I understand when I'm outclassed but sometimes the game is just off and the deaths make no sense. Not game breaking but 5-10% of the time

I found the guns pointed in the air when i had cross play switched on a lot.

Still happens when crossplay is not enabled. Think it might have something to do with the stun animation. Can point downwards also. When you stun someone their legs will still be going 90 also.

Infected added Aniyah Palace :(

This seems fixed now. Wish they would fix the tracking for every weapon I'm sure there is more than just the RPG. It is probably just typo but it's anyone's guess what the condition to unlock is!

Mr.S wrote: »
    The new Gunfight is awful, why do you have to pickup guns first now?

I played gunfight once, in the Beta, thought this was what gunfight was so didn't touch it again, poison. They need to stop messing with the menu's. Pick something and stick to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

First gold camo on the Kilo, the mounted kills and kills after reloading were a bitch and a half.

q8jz91p.png?1

The levels really start to slow down after 110 could probably catch up on the BP now. Definitely keep 2xp for post 110 levels.
    AirBiscuit wrote: »
    First gold camo on the Kilo, the mounted kills and kills after reloading were a bitch and a half.

q8jz91p.png?1

I see you have the only decent sticker in the game on there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

AirBiscuit wrote: »

You should have tried the reloading kills before they fixed it....OMG it was around a micro-second before it registered.

Regarding mounted kills easy peasy! go to the Shoot House map jump up on the wall that shoots down the middle of the map and they line up for you. You can also get longshot kills from there also.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

lol... HC Shoot House 24/7

Advertisement