Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I reckon vacant has to be the worst map in the game. I’d rather play Piccadilly 24/7 the that f*cking map

Before this cod I very rarely backed out of games but now I find myself doing it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

heroics wrote: »
    I reckon vacant has to be the worst map in the game. I’d rather play Piccadilly 24/7 the that f*cking map

Before this cod I very rarely backed out of games but now I find myself doing it all the time

It's the UI more so than anything. Disbanding lobbies is a major cause of backing out whatever the game-mode might be. If a lobby didn't disband after a game and given the choice Shipment would be picked, when it isn't I'd play Vacant with regular players more so than not knowing who you're up against.

Not sure if they changed lines of sight in Vacant but it does not play like it used to in cod4. The cluster fcku that shipment is, it is still tonnes of fun but finding a game on it now has become the number 1 challenge in the game.

Really wish they'd increase the thick-rate of GW, it's really hard to go from 62 to a lower TR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭circadian

Tried ground war again. Can't deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's the spawn system not the maps, is all I'm saying, not that a map is too small. If the game had a working spawn system there wouldn't be a problem.

Sorry if I came across as something, I don't intent it to be. I was only pointing out that even with good spawns, Shipment is not a good map for Dom. I personally think it's not even good enough/too small for the standard TDM. That's all!

Haven't played Vacant yet, as I'm back into Dom/Dom20 only again and it doesn't appear to be in the rotation. Can't see why it wouldn't be as good as the original, unless they changed the layout?

I also haven't a hope of finishing the Battle Pass before the time is up. Will think twice about the second season.

I’m getting more shipment in quick play than in the season 1 mosh pit!!

• Advertisement

Also if playing Dom on gunrunner why do people insist on capping A. All it does is end up with you spawn trapped

I’m getting more shipment in quick play than in the season 1 mosh pit!!

:D I was just thinking that this would probably be a better way to search for a shipment game earlier, thanks for the confirm!
    Sorry if I came across as something, I don't intent it to be. I was only pointing out that even with good spawns, Shipment is not a good map for Dom. I personally think it's not even good enough/too small for the standard TDM. That's all!

Haven't played Vacant yet, as I'm back into Dom/Dom20 only again and it doesn't appear to be in the rotation. Can't see why it wouldn't be as good as the original, unless they changed the layout?

I also haven't a hope of finishing the Battle Pass before the time is up. Will think twice about the second season.

No offence received!

BP: LVL 142 BP Tier 69

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's just me then?

I absolutely love the mayhem in hard core shipment.
    TDM ends too soon, at least with KC and Dom they last a while.

Rank 133, tier 71.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's just me then?

I absolutely love the mayhem in hard core shipment.
    TDM ends too soon, at least with KC and Dom they last a while.

Rank 133, tier 71.

Yeah TDM even KC is over too soon, Hardpoint on Shipment is probably the best / longest of the games. Have yet to try HC Shipment. Headquaters can be over too soon also but it is chaos fighting for the HQ.
    Also if playing Dom on gunrunner why do people insist on capping A. All it does is end up with you spawn trapped

Worst thing is it flips the spawns, they don't know how to play dom and are going by the in game prompt "... Take the 3rd." very suggestive they probably have all cosmetics as well. :)

Shoot the Ship, all Shoot House all Shipment, all the time. :D

2XP and Battle Pass 2XP.

• Advertisement

Wasn’t going to bother playing today and saw this so logged in.

Cheers

F1ngers wrote: »
    Shoot the Ship, all Shoot House all Shipment, all the time. :D

2XP and Battle Pass 2XP.

Nice! Dropzone added also. Double xp's for a few days (3). Lets see if there is any Christmas noobs, that will be a sure fire way to bust or confirm the SBMM theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Today is the day of the Christmas noob.

I will be on in a bit to ruin these 10 year olds Christmas'😅😅😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

I'm way behind most of ye as I only got the game recently and decided to install the disc version today. Installation taking forever with "copying add ons" and ps4 console just shutting down during installation . Any ideas what wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

n32 wrote: »
    I'm way behind most of ye as I only got the game recently and decided to install the disc version today. Installation taking forever with "copying add ons" and ps4 console just shutting down during installation . Any ideas what wrong?
    Over 100GB, so It's going to take some time.

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    Over 100GB, so It's going to take some time.

Doesn't seem to making much progress! Any idea why its switching off the console mid way through the installation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Doesn't seem to making much progress! Any idea why its switching off the console mid way through the installation?
    That one I couldn't tell you, Xbox and PC player so i have no reference

Maybe stick it in rest mode while d/l, installing.

It’s hardly power Saving ? https://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/systemoff.html

Whats going on with team-mates pushing you out of the way now? It's like you are being moved by a tank. Tried to run around a corner on shipment - nope your going straight buddy. Same when a team mate spawned behind me in a container pushed me out of the container?!

• Advertisement

no unfortunately it doesnt seem to be that simple. downloads the update but then get stuck on "copying add on" and crashes the console every time

Whats going on with team-mates pushing you out of the way now? It's like you are being moved by a tank. Tried to run around a corner on shipment - nope your going straight buddy. Same when a team mate spawned behind me in a container pushed me out of the container?!

Noticed it happening to me alot last night too! So frustrating!

Still don’t get how anyone enjoys headquarters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭circadian

Having a blast on drop zone. Sometimes you have tons of air support and sometimes you're getting completely ****ed by it.

I actually don't get too frustrated if I'm getting destroyed by bombers, chopper gunners and juggernauts since you can still end up winning the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Had it for a week and absolutely loving it!

Reminiscent of the MW2 and Black Ops 2 greatness were the games were just plain fun and you had a great time.

The format of Ground War although I haven't played it much is excellent, just what I need to stop the Battlefield craving back. I know I know it is not close but for COD it it is a fine attempt.

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Had it for a week and absolutely loving it!

Reminiscent of the MW2 and Black Ops 2 greatness were the games were just plain fun and you had a great time.

The format of Ground War although I haven't played it much is excellent, just what I need to stop the Battlefield craving back. I know I know it is not close but for COD it it is a fine attempt.

It is a shame the servers for GW are crap!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭Osamabindipper

Really enjoying it This year too. Its like a trip back to when call of duty was at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I am enjoying it but I'm getting murdered in certain game modes. Can't win 1v1s or at least very few of them. I'm generally ok in gunfight but something like shoot house, I'm like a chicken in the fox house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭Osamabindipper

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I am enjoying it but I'm getting murdered in certain game modes. Can't win 1v1s or at least very few of them. I'm generally ok in gunfight but something like shoot house, I'm like a chicken in the fox house.

Yeah I'm the same but mostly because I'm old skool and so used to playing just team deathmatch.

Really need to put more time into other modes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bought this on a whim as I had promised myself I was done with COD, but seeing it featured highly on a lot of game of the year lists, I said I'd give it a go. Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised.

One thing though - I play core with a few of the nodes turned off however, it seems to end up stuck playing nothing but whatever the first mode I get. For example, if I get tdm, every match in that lobby is tdm, similarly if it's domination or kill confirmed.

Advertisement