Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,200 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

One thing though - I play core with a few of the nodes turned off however, it seems to end up stuck playing nothing but whatever the first mode I get. For example, if I get tdm, every match in that lobby is tdm, similarly if it's domination or kill confirmed.

I've noticed that myself, and I have it set for TDM, TDM20, DOM and DOM20, but as you said, if the first one is TDM that's all i'm gonna get unless i back out of the searching and search again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Tried playing the normal quick play and after playing pretty much shoothouse or shipment for the last 2 months I couldn’t do it.

TDM finished in the timer not kills. Back to shoothouse it is :)

Oh, yeah, shipment. I've tried many times on TDM and DOM, and each and every time I rage quit within a minute. How anyone enjoys that is beyond me. Even in TDM it's manic and just not enjoyable. Spawn, dead. Spawn, dead. Repeat. So much, that if I manage to notice it as the next map*, regardless of the mode, I back out. Horrible, horrible, horrible map! Never liked it.

* And by manage, I mean I stay in the gunsmith page between matches to prevent my Pro from sounding like a jet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Oh, yeah, shipment. I've tried many times on TDM and DOM, and each and every time I rage quit within a minute. How anyone enjoys that is beyond me. Even in TDM it's manic and just not enjoyable. Spawn, dead. Spawn, dead. Repeat. So much, that if I manage to notice it as the next map*, regardless of the mode, I back out. Horrible, horrible, horrible map! Never liked it.

* And by manage, I mean I stay in the gunsmith page between matches to prevent my Pro from sounding like a jet

I must say I kinda like that map......first time played it thought I was like you said WTF how can anybody enjoy this and I rage quit ? But you can grow to love it, it's just crazy in a good way. Just forget you can spawn literally in someone's face and you get a 12 gauge in the kisser, just as an enemy will just spawn in front of you also so it's swings and roundabouts.

I think what got me into it is you can level up guns and do challenges like crazy in it, hip-fires, crouching, no attachments you can plough through them no probs. For hip fires and crouching nothing beats that map.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Nah, I can't do it. It's like the equivalent of trying to join a group of kids in a crowded creche... No thanks!

• Advertisement

I have to admit I loved shipment. Probably as I am trying to get the all the subs gold it was a godsend. 50-60kills a game of Dom/headquarters and only had to go to shoothouse and others for long shots/mounted kills.

After playing shoothouse/shipment I am hating all the other 6v6 maps even more.

Only regret is I should have done the uzi when shoot the ship was the 24/7 playlist. That thing shoots paintballs!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

heroics wrote: »
    I have to admit I loved shipment. Probably as I am trying to get the all the subs gold it was a godsend. 50-60kills a game of Dom/headquarters and only had to go to shoothouse and others for long shots/mounted kills.

After playing shoothouse/shipment I am hating all the other 6v6 maps even more.

Only regret is I should have done the uzi when shoot the ship was the 24/7 playlist. That thing shoots paintballs!!!!

Uzi is fine gun. Just aim for the head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finished the campaign last night, very enjoyable for the most part, would love to see more missions like the one in the dark where you're searching the 3 locations. A nice change from just following behind an NPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭eggy81

I've been playing local multiplayer with my son and having great craic with it but today weve been trying to play local co op and no matter what I do I cant get the option for a second controller to appear even though its constantly working in local multiplayer. Anyone shed any light on this issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone ever have sessions or days where you just can barely hit a barn door? During GW yesterday at one stage I put in a 3-26 performance.

Then today I had my best ever one, going 26-7 and getting my first ever third level kill streak (a Heli gunship)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Anyone ever have sessions or days where you just can barely hit a barn door? During GW yesterday at one stage I put in a 3-26 performance.

Then today I had my best ever one, going 26-7 and getting my first ever third level kill streak (a Heli gunship)

I'm getting better at knowing the lobbies that are going to cause me anguish. Usually when someone bunny hops around a corner and two taps me in the head before I know what's happening, is not a good sign.

Spec ops with randoms is a special kind of hell. Did Paladin and Crosswind for the trophy. 0.8% have it more down to frustration than difficulty I imagine. Paladin in particular is awful, the second bomb site is stone cold aids. Think they made it easier as got past it a few times yesterday, for the first time. The successful run a guy either cheated or glitched it by standing up on a bunch of boxes facing the bomb and didn't take damage.

Did crosswind with the brother. We ran past the Jugg on the plane. The two randoms died fighting it. I made an executive decision to leave them, even then we got out of the plane with 3 seconds left and this is with me screaming at my brother to "C4 the fcuking door" (he didn't realise it was timed)
    We then had to solo the rest presumably the randoms were unhappy with what happened on the plane and decided not to help us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

getting my first ever third level kill streak (a Heli gunship)

You should use the Kill Chain perk, the kills the killstreak get go towards the next. My go to is either Cruise Missile/Sentry gun - VTOL - Chopper or even Gunship

Once you get the VTOL you will get the Chopper or higher no probs just hide in a corner until the VTOL racks up enough kills to get the chopper. Tossing up between cruise missile of sentry gun at the moment. Also I think the Gunship is crap enough and not worth it, the chopper is great.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭circadian

Went on a crazy killstreak with my trolling class last night, was a great laugh on shoothouse. Riot shield, rpg and throwing knives.

New playlist is live. Shipment 24/7 5v5 replaces shoothouse

Gun game replaces grind

Yes I love gun game!

heroics wrote: »
    New playlist is live. Shipment 24/7 5v5 replaces shoothouse

Gun game replaces grind

awesome, I'll be screaming obscenities late into the night this weekend so

gimli2112 wrote: »
    awesome, I'll be screaming obscenities late into the night this weekend so

5v5 is only marginally less of a sh1tshow tbh bit it’s great!! Played nothing else all evening. Trying to level up the uzi at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

On the MP menu it’s saying I’ve a “free bundle” under the store icon but I’ve looked through all the options and there’s no free one?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    On the MP menu it’s saying I’ve a “free bundle” under the store icon but I’ve looked through all the options and there’s no free one?

I keep getting that and can't work out how to fix it. I found shaking the controller and becoming steadily angrier while pressing random buttons resolves the issue. I've gotten two or three free bundles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It should be under the Just For You section of the store, just scroll through the pages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

It should be under the Just For You section of the store, just scroll through the pages

Checked that, but the one in that section is 2400 COD Points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Checked that, but the one in that section is 2400 COD Points

Check on r/modernwarfare on reddit as I definitely remember seeing a thread about how to get the free stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

You use RT/LT or equivalent to scroll trough the packages

Yup, use Left/Right to select between the 5 different store pages, then use the bottom triggers to go between the different sections in that page, if that makes sense... Got a few things from it.

Mr.S wrote: »
    The shield is absolutely hilarious to play with - rage inducing for the other side :D

Apparently thermite sticks to it now and kills the person using it.

Mr.S wrote: »
    The shield is absolutely hilarious to play with - rage inducing for the other side :D

Use with a throwing knife and RPG for maximum rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played a nice bit over the weekend, it still amazes me how you can have a good run of lobbies, where the matches are close, and next thing you meet some absolute savages, who seem to know your every move before you make it, and you cant win a gunfight to save your life, nothing but spawn/die/repeat (and not just on shipment, can be any map).

Overall though, still having great fun, you just have to take your occasional stomping and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Any boards Modern Warfare discord going? Would be good to join one to get people for Spec Ops and if we had enough set up private lobby games

Only got the game at Christmas but love it so far. My first few games it was all campers but I've gone back to my old way of playing which is running around like a lunatic and trying to pick off kills :D

Gun game was released for the weekend so had great craic with that too

• Advertisement

One drawback of doing co-op on double xp weekend was it max leveled me. now when I play gunfight people expect me to be good. Fortunately I must have been terrible recently as SBMM put me into some atrocious lobbies.

Shipment 24/7 reminded me what a dick I can be. It's amazing how much carnage I can create with the MP5 and a couple of claymores. My KDR went up by 0.03 mainly due to that Harrier thing

Advertisement