Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

Not doing anywhere near as good as I was last week. I've decided to join the carbine drop shot crew which seems to be paying off as much as I dislike it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭Osamabindipper

Mr.S wrote: »
    Am I missing something? What is the Special Ops add-on that you had to download, I see nothing different in-game.

Yeah haven't seen anything myself hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had fun getting the crossbow. As someone who mostly plays Gunfight I don't really notice SBMM. Sure I'm outclassed sometimes but generally it's pretty even. Shoot the Ship was hilarious. I'd either be crushing it or eviscerated, there's no inbetweeen.
    Went 0-11 in Atrium late last night. It's the first time I've ever considered my drinking a problem. My brother won it 6-5 but may have disowned me. I'll have some lobby next time I log on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

The lobbies in getting since the update are terrible. People running around like they are play professional. Cant be arsed. Its majorly sweaty even worse than before. Seriously thinking of giving up and playing something else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

CptMackey wrote: »
    The lobbies in getting since the update are terrible. People running around like they are play professional. Cant be arsed. Its majorly sweaty even worse than before. Seriously thinking of giving up and playing something else

Same here. Although I’ve moved onto the ARs now for the challenges and I’m fairly sure people think I’m one of them too. Running around with the m4/kilo etc. Thing is I only had about 100 kills with the m4 before the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm currently on the Kar98k aiming for gold, have gold on the EBR and MK2 (beast!), so only a few challenges to get it, but I can imagine people getting rightly irked at me. Sometimes I get kills and I don't even know how. I actually play into it now, so if I somehow manage a kill unexpectedly when I should have died, I try to do a head shake so if they watch the killcam they can tell it wasn't deliberate!

Once I have that done, I'll have Platinum LMG's and Marksman rifles, then it'll be onto the AR's. Also have the gold PILA and nearly have the gold Strela-P, half way to gold with the JOKR, and that will be the least fun to get gold in, as it's not quick enough for the reactionary defend/attack challenges.

If I keep going at this pace, I reckon I could get the Damascus camo before the next iteration, which would be a first! Not having to unlock all the weapons again is a bonus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CptMackey wrote: »

I don't mind a challenge, but its the wild swings in opponent quality that are somewhat jarring, you can have a run of matches where you do well, and then you'll be put in an unbelieveable sweat fest, where you'll be lucky to win a gunfight. Teammate composition is a big factor - I play mostly domination, and I'm often the only person trying to cap B, in fact I've often died with just a millisecond left on the capture, and not a single teammate will have taken the incentive to run over it and finish it.

Once I see that happening more than once, I dont bother playing the objective any more, may as well sit back, play cagey and farm for xp or killstreaks.

I don't mind a challenge, but its the wild swings in opponent quality that are somewhat jarring, you can have a run of matches where you do well, and then you'll be put in an unbelieveable sweat fest, where you'll be lucky to win a gunfight. Teammate composition is a big factor - I play mostly domination, and I'm often the only person trying to cap B, in fact I've often died with just a millisecond left on the capture, and not a single teammate will have taken the incentive to run over it and finish it.

Once I see that happening more than once, I dont bother playing the objective any more, may as well sit back, play cagey and farm for xp or killstreaks.

TDM domination seems made for all those players!!

Haven’t had a chance to play it yet. Anyone tried it out?

heroics wrote: »
    TDM domination seems made for all those players!!

Haven’t had a chance to play it yet. Anyone tried it out?

No, but I hope its like 'Control' in destiny, where you have to capture flags to make your kills count towards the score.

I am seeing a lot more of people just not playing the captures. It does work out brilliant if I'm the only one capturing and we clutch the win, great feeling, but that only happens about 2% of the time. Or lately, the run n gunner players run through the point and they get the same amount in assist points. I think a great resolution to this would be to pool all the points scored by every member of the team, including kills, and the people who spent the most time in the zones get the most, even if they had less kills. Dom is rewarding people who run and gun, but it should be rewarding the people who play the captures.

• Advertisement

Aaand just realised this morning that Dom 20 is gone, or should I say, lumped into a 20 Mosh Pit with Kill Confirmed and TDM, even though they're still separate options! Not a fan of KC because very few, again, play the objective and just run around killing people without collecting, or sniping. TDM is fine though.

Anyway, I'm at 152 and 94 in the Battle Pass, and I'm off tomorrow night so I'll be dedicating however long is needed to get to max on both before the season ends Tuesday evening.

As for Season 2, seems CoD leaked it themselves before quickly taking it down again. Season 2 will allegedly have the following (spoilering in case someone wants to be surprised):
    Two new guns: GRAU 5.56 (AR) & Striker 45 (UMP basically)
    "New" Operator Ghost plus others
    Ghost may be only unlocked via BP (not confirmed)
    100 Level BP with "over 80 additional items"
    CharlieINTEL leaked that one of the new maps will be Rust (something to do with an AR card updating)

Link

I'll be getting it again, and actually love the idea of earning back more than what the BP costs (1000CP to buy, 1300CP can be earned). I will have earned all that back from Season 1, but I spent it on packs, and don't feel bad about it because it was technically free. Just hope they will have a few more big maps for Dom 20, but not as big/annoying as Aniyah Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Everyone manage to complete the Season?
    I got to Rank 155 about 3 weeks ago.
    Got to level 100 on the Battle pass Yesterday. I bought it and. It's good you earn enough Cod points that you can buy Season 2!
    I never copped the Rank Progression until about 2 weeks ago, I had seen these challenges complete messages coming up but didn't know what they were. Luckily I had most of them done. The hardest was one for me was "Call In The Juggernaut", I used the pointman perk and went into Ground War and started shooting down streaks. Very frustrating got as close as calling it it but the game ended before I could activate it. Anyway got it done on Saturday and finished the last couple of easier challenges today.

Overall I've gone from hating the game to really enjoying it thanks to shoothouse and Shipment maps. Looking forward to Season 2. Next week

I got the battlepass thing completed ages ago. Did a shed load of shipment 24/7 and maxed out the AUG,Mp7 and Bison, currently working on the Uzi which oddly I like. I may work on camos but the officer ranks I'm not too bothered about. The dailies a great. Used c4 to earn a trinket yesterday
    I'm terrible and too old but shipment 24/7 is the great equalizer. I'm typically competitive in TDM, Dom and KC but pants in hardpoint.
    SBMM is great

Everyone manage to complete the Season?
    I got to Rank 155 about 3 weeks ago.
    Got to level 100 on the Battle pass Yesterday. I bought it and. It's good you earn enough Cod points that you can buy Season 2!
    I never copped the Rank Progression until about 2 weeks ago, I had seen these challenges complete messages coming up but didn't know what they were. Luckily I had most of them done. The hardest was one for me was "Call In The Juggernaut", I used the pointman perk and went into Ground War and started shooting down streaks. Very frustrating got as close as calling it it but the game ended before I could activate it. Anyway got it done on Saturday and finished the last couple of easier challenges today.

Overall I've gone from hating the game to really enjoying it thanks to shoothouse and Shipment maps. Looking forward to Season 2. Next week

No, didn't manage to complete it (only got to 51) or hit rank 155 (hit 102) but Im still happy enpugh with the overall value of it, have 1700 COD points in balance, so I should be able to get the next two passes for free as long as I can get enough free coins. I'll be glad to take a break from shipment as well, I actually dont mind most of the other maps, but shipment can't be beaten for knocking out challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

So what happens now with the new season in terms of our rank, guns etc? This is the first COD I've gotten in a long time so not familiar with the seasons concept.

Do we keep the same guns and attachments and what not?

Colemania wrote: »
    So what happens now with the new season in terms of our rank, guns etc? This is the first COD I've gotten in a long time so not familiar with the seasons concept.

Do we keep the same guns and attachments and what not?

As far as I know, your rank gets reset to 55, and thats it. All other guns camos, challenges etc, stay the way they were. Officer challenges (the ones that come each time you level up after level 55 will likely all be new ones now as well).

It's weird but if I have nothing to do I'm "meh COD" but give me some meaningless ranks to grind for and I'm obsessive about it. Last time it was a spray on the battlepass that unlocked in the late 90s, had to have it. Think I've used it once.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's weird but if I have nothing to do I'm "meh COD" but give me some meaningless ranks to grind for and I'm obsessive about it. Last time it was a spray on the battlepass that unlocked in the late 90s, had to have it. Think I've used it once.

I dont even know how to use sprays (or emotes for that matter)!

This CoD for me, is the perfect 'quick blast' game, if I've 30 mins to spare, you can hop on, play a round or 2 and turn it off feeling satisfied. Definitely my favorite one in years, and I really appreciate that they've opted for a battlepass rather than hiding the new maps behind a season pass.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

What's the best price for this currently? For download that is.

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    What's the best price for this currently? For download that is.

For what platform? It seems to be on sale in the digital store on Xbox fairly regularly, I think I paid 37 for it.

For what platform? It seems to be on sale in the digital store on Xbox fairly regularly, I think I paid 37 for it.

Xbox ,I seen it on sale in the store 2 weeks ago but missed the boat,I think it's jumped back up since

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

Not sure how much it is on the store but cdkeys have it for €50 for xbox.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

51GB on PS4, I believe it's more on PC and Xbox.

F1ngers wrote: »
    51GB on PS4, I believe it's more on PC and Xbox.

Just logged on to express my horror about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

circadian wrote: »
    Not sure how much it is on the store but cdkeys have it for €50 for xbox.

Ya I seen that but the region is uk so it didn't work for me

A lot of interesting balancing changes with the perks and stuff. Finally a counter to the gas grenade! Battle hardened looks like a much more viable perk 3 now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

68GB on Xbox for me. Mental.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Parkrun

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just logged on to express my horror about this.
    Yes so have I :)
    Finally get the kids to bed after a tough day in work, lovely jubbly. Sit down for a few games...
    "Downloading update file" 51gbs (4 hours left).
    Ffs!

Advertisement