Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Parkrun wrote: »
    Yes so have I :)
    Finally get the kids to bed after a tough day in work, lovely jubbly. Sit down for a few games...
    "Downloading update file" 51gbs (4 hours left).
    Ffs!

you must have ****e broadband, took mine 40 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Parkrun

johndoe99 wrote: »
    you must have ****e broadband, took mine 40 minutes.
    Saying three hours left now. Probably will take an hour. I'll be asleep by then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Only 68 hours here huzzah \o/

Updates for this game are getting ****ing ridiculous now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Only 68 hours here huzzah \o/

Updates for this game are getting ****ing ridiculous now

17 hours for me but it looks like future updates will be nowhere near this size again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Added akimbo to the pistols. Just seen a youtuber describe akimbo snake-shot 357s as the most obnoxious thing ever, which in the history of COD is some feat
    Rust is a search map....yikes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya I seen that but the region is uk so it didn't work for me

Region? In this day and age?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

circadian wrote: »
    Region? In this day and age?!

Seems so,tried it and didn't work but got a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Seems so,tried it and didn't work but got a refund.

I'm late catching up on this, but one of the lads had this issue, he ended up logging onto commerce.microsoft.com using a vpn set to UK and was able to redeem it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Looks like Battle Royale may be coming soon....

https://twitter.com/MyNameIsZach/status/1227310578705801219?s=19

there's something inaccessible in the menu. You have campaign, MP, classified and Spec ops. I thought the classified might be BR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I just downloaded v1.14 patch but it won't let me play online. When I click Multilayer it says "NOTICE: you are missing one or more Multi Player DLC packs. Please download and install". I have downloaded the Spec Ops pack aswell so I don't know why I can't get to multiplayer. Any help please!

this happened last time as well, it's a known issue - this from 18 hours ago

https://dotesports.com/call-of-duty/news/infinity-ward-working-on-a-fix-for-missing-multiplayer-dlc-error-after-modern-warfare-update-version-1-14

it doesn't affect everyone and I'm sure it doesn't help to know it didn't effect me but maybe you can be happy for me. You could try reinstalling (i think this worked sporadically last time) but it looks like a known issue they are trying to patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I had that issue once, redownloaded the packs and no issues since.

I jsut about managed to get it complete. I had plenty time, and I was after hitting 155 earlier on Monday and only had about 3 ranks left in the BP. Got it down to just over 1 level left and said I'd complete it before it expired Tuesday. I got it with 4 minute to spare! Immediately got the S2BP so working my way through that now. Not sure if I'll finish it this time, it's a big commitment imo and lots of other games to be playing. But it only cost me a fiver, so can't complain.

I'm a bit worried though that with the possible introduction of a Battle Royale mode will dilute the players a bit too much. And annoyed they still haven't fixed the lobbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

Who on Earth thought it was a good idea to add in the ability to change your username colour? I'm playing against people with the same blue as your teammates for ****s sakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

circadian wrote: »
    Who on Earth thought it was a good idea to add in the ability to change your username colour? I'm playing against people with the same blue as your teammates for ****s sakes.

Is that PC only and only applies to Clan tags? Haven't noticed it myself (PS4) and I don't crossplay (no Ground War for me!), but I've only played a small bit since S2 started.

Maybe its age showing, but i have zero recollection of the map 'Rust'

Also, not sure I'm too gone on the Ghost character model, it looks like hes wearing an old tarp he found in a shed.

Rust rarely came up , also I played a lot of search in Mw2 and it wasn't in the rotation. The new one doesn't feel the same it's bigger and feels like it has more cover. Still like it it's just not the same. I'll be using it to unlock akimbo pistols this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

So tried to play the normal rotation of maps and guess I’ll just have to wait until shipment/shoothouse comes back up for 24/7.

Not sure what the love for rust is. That being said if still rather play it than at least half the maps.

Played a couple of games of tdm and kill confirmed and the timer ran out on every game.

heroics wrote: »
    So tried to play the normal rotation of maps and guess I’ll just have to wait until shipment/shoothouse comes back up for 24/7.

Not sure what the love for rust is. That being said if still rather play it than at least half the maps.

Played a couple of games of tdm and kill confirmed and the timer ran out on every game.

What maps in particular don't you like? I've come to appreciate the majority of them for the most part. Picadilly is probably the only one that has me rolling my eyes, but never to the extent that I'd leave the lobby.

Hackney yard, gun runner, Petrograd, ramaza are all pretty solid imo, but I most play Dom and kill confirmed, so maybe they're better suited to those gamertypes? Even though at times it feels like certain areas of the maps see no traffic.

What maps in particular don't you like? I've come to appreciate the majority of them for the most part. Picadilly is probably the only one that has me rolling my eyes, but never to the extent that I'd leave the lobby.

Hackney yard, gun runner, Petrograd, ramaza are all pretty solid imo, but I most play Dom and kill confirmed, so maybe they're better suited to those gamertypes? Even though at times it feels like certain areas of the maps see no traffic.

The 4 above are grand never back out of them. The rest though the cave one, Euphrates bridge, aniya palace. Crash and vacant are not enjoyable at all and don’t play like I remember them in older cods.

I also play mainly Dom hardpoint and kc but a lot of games actually seem to run out the timer as opposed to score winning

TDM on gun runner last night hit the time limit in one game at 38 - 42

• Advertisement

heroics wrote: »
    The 4 above are grand never back out of them. The rest though the cave one, Euphrates bridge, aniya palace. Crash and vacant are not enjoyable at all and don’t play like I remember them in older cods.

I also play mainly Dom hardpoint and kc but a lot of games actually seem to run out the timer as opposed to score winning

TDM on gun runner last night hit the time limit in one game at 38 - 42

Not a fan of aniyah alright, it's too big for anything except ground war. I like Euphrates for headquarters though - a game mode that has really grown on me over the last few days

so unlocked akimbo for the pistols, tried sniping for the first time and had to get 25 kills with the stupid shield turret on Rust and miraculously my kdr didn't absolutely tank.
    spawns can be interesting, a few times when I was........ ehm tactically holding down an area with claymores and akimbo snakeshot 357s, the enemy team appeared all around me although it did earn me a harrier once.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    so unlocked akimbo for the pistols, tried sniping for the first time and had to get 25 kills with the stupid shield turret on Rust and miraculously my kdr didn't absolutely tank.
    spawns can be interesting, a few times when I was........ ehm tactically holding down an area with claymores and akimbo snakeshot 357s, the enemy team appeared all around me although it did earn me a harrier once.

After playing all weekend, I've come to the conclusion that I hate rust.
    at least on shipment you have a chance to get a few kills before getting mowed down from somewhere. Almost every game I played on rust was joining a game in progress, where the other team were on a rampage.

I had a few of those an 8 - 33 springs to mind, constant harriers, uavs and helicopters. I was trying to shoot them down with launchers which is not conducive to survival on Rust.
    The Javelin is a joke by the way. I shot one at a harrier and it was down before it ever connected.
    It's amazing how many times I could get first blood by rushing to the centre holding a claymore.

I had a few of those an 8 - 33 springs to mind, constant harriers, uavs and helicopters. I was trying to shoot them down with launchers which is not conducive to survival on Rust.
    The Javelin is a joke by the way. I shot one at a harrier and it was down before it ever connected.
    It's amazing how many times I could get first blood by rushing to the centre holding a claymore.

I wouldnt be hugely precious about my K/D (its not particularly impressive at 1.03 anyway) but there's no fun in spawning and being melted within 2 seconds seven or eight times in a row.
    I'm starting to feel the skill based matchmaking for sure now though, every match seems to be a close affair, with plenty of lads jumping or sliding around corners. I don't mind it though to be honest.

I must be on the cusp of some SBMM limit. I seem to go from doing well to being annihilated on a regular basis.

I must be on the cusp of some SBMM limit. I seem to go from doing well to being annihilated on a regular basis.

I had that when my K/D was a bit lower, it felt like I was going between levels.
    It seems designed to have your overall K/D at 1 across the board. Looking at the leaderboards on my xbox friends, out of about 50 players, everyone is some variant of 1.05 to 0.95. Back in the old days on xbox 360, you'd have the odd few lads who were consistently at 3 and above.

This is my experience as well.

Kd is at .98 overall. Before going for camos and only playing shipment/shoothouse it was about 1.3 :)

getting the 25 kills on the shield turret yesterday was mana from heaven for people on the other team who needed some finishing moves achievements. I spent most of the afternoon being humiliated.
    The camos are more grindy than anything although longshot and mounted can be kdr harming.

• Advertisement

Long shots is always the one I struggle with. I have about 5 of the ARs with all camos except long shots and mounted completed

Advertisement