Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Warzone solo a bit boring to be honest. Map is too big for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

Having a ball on plunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

circadian wrote: »
    Having a ball on plunder.

I dont get plunder, every match goes the full 30 mins without a winner, and then at the end you just get a scoreboard for your own team, no idea of how you placed. plus, it seem to just be a constant loop of fighting the same team over and over again till one of ye get bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Tried playing tonight and without shipment/shoothouse it was soooooo boring and slow.

First game went time limit in arklow peak at 35-24 in kill confirmed.

Guess I’ll log off until shoothouse comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

heroics wrote: »
    Tried playing tonight and without shipment/shoothouse it was soooooo boring and slow.

completely agree, without shipment/shoothouse the game is bloody slow. Tried playing the normal modes and i forgot how boring they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Homelander

Warzone kinda growing on me. Not without its charms. Tend to forget its free as well when you already own the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

heroics wrote: »

C razy taking out ShootTheShip and not replace with another small map combination like Rust and shoothouse. I did end up playing hardcore tdm and Kill Confirmed and thankfully Shipment came up a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think it was a ploy to get people playing Warzone. It worked on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

I dont get plunder, every match goes the full 30 mins without a winner, and then at the end you just get a scoreboard for your own team, no idea of how you placed. plus, it seem to just be a constant loop of fighting the same team over and over again till one of ye get bored.

If you have a good team, drop in to location and loot everything as fast as you can. Get a chopper if you find one and use it to repeat same process in areas until you have about 150-200k each. Call in extraction chopper and hopefully the 3 of ye can deposit cash (if each 200k successful you'll already be at 600/1 million).

It's a frantic mode to be honest and great craic but some people actually seem to be playing it like a normal mode and camping with 0 in the bank :rolleyes:

Edit: There are also a number of Bank Vaults that can be broken in to with serious cash, but opening them will set off alarms that alert everyone near ye to it :D

Finding warzone pretty boring tbh, it has a very barren empty feel to it. Very little action for the most part of a game and most players dont play as a team, I mean right from the start landing miles apart. Obviously not an issue when you can get 3 friends together. Solos makes more sense, I mean you're basically going solo anyway so might as well call it a solo game.

Have played maybe 10 games now and already the desire to come back to it is fading fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I downloaded the full game of Modern Warfare and been playing it for the last week, went to play it now and I'm being asked to purchase the game. Any idea what's causing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

Blaze420 wrote: »
    If you have a good team, drop in to location and loot everything as fast as you can. Get a chopper if you find one and use it to repeat same process in areas until you have about 150-200k each. Call in extraction chopper and hopefully the 3 of ye can deposit cash (if each 200k successful you'll already be at 600/1 million).

It's a frantic mode to be honest and great craic but some people actually seem to be playing it like a normal mode and camping with 0 in the bank :rolleyes:

Edit: There are also a number of Bank Vaults that can be broken in to with serious cash, but opening them will set off alarms that alert everyone near ye to it :D

Didn't know about the bank vaults must give that a blast. I've had a few players on my team just camp it out and gain nothing from it.

I prefer to hunt out people calling in the cash pickups and try and take as much frm that as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Bought this game again (god forgive me) on cdkeys. Digital code is telling me it’s the wrong region even though they have it as UK on their site. Surely Ireland & the UK are in the same region?

I switched my location to UK and it still reads - wrong region.

Ever happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

siblers wrote: »
    I downloaded the full game of Modern Warfare and been playing it for the last week, went to play it now and I'm being asked to purchase the game. Any idea what's causing this?

try restoring licenses

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/license.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bloody hell, ps4 just decided to delete every update that cod has had and now I've to reinstall nearly 90gb of data all over again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Bought this game again (god forgive me) on cdkeys. Digital code is telling me it’s the wrong region even though they have it as UK on their site. Surely Ireland & the UK are in the same region?

I switched my location to UK and it still reads - wrong region.

Ever happen to anyone else?
    Ya,they refunded mine in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Really enjoying Battle royale it has a real, just play one more round about it.
    I'm looking for people to squad up with on ps4.
    Throw your GT up here and ill add you.

I like it too. I get the real COD experience unbelievable highs and incredible lows
    Was on a roof under the dam yesterday trying to blow up vehicles for a challenge. The Joker was a bad choice.Saw one coming and was aiming at the cliff above me when it flew over the edge. Not a heli but a quad. I'm right under it and while realising it was going to squish me I couldn't move.
    Fell I'd say 300 feet and took 5-6 seconds.
    Landed right beside me and the guy hops off. Both of us looking at each other thinking "That was awesome!"
    and then I shot him in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well there's one positive for me with Warzone. Since it released, i'm playing extremely well in MP. Nearly every game is a far higher positive k/d than usual. Flying through the weapon camo challenges now. Nearly hitting 100 kills in Shipment when it comes. Have a class specifically for it, and use it to unlock all the camo challenges on as of yet unused weapons. Makes it easier to get the challenges unlocked together in normal games then. I'd imagine it would take half the time to do the challenges if they were all unlocked from the get go.

Played that money mode with a couple of lads i knew the other night. It's grand. More actioney than the BR mode at least, and feels like you're working towards something. Got a good few kills, revives, money drops, but got decimated by the number 1 team towards the end. Paltry XP return for the time put in too. MP is a lot quicker for leveling up. So Warzone is not for me. I patiently await the next proper MP update. Need a few new maps to change things up. Still really only play 10v10 Mosh Pit. Don't get as much enjoyment out of the other modes.

I reckon HQ is fixed. One minute you're winning 140-0 and next every HQ spawns exactly where the enemy are and they get every spawn from then until the end. Teamwork, as in other modes, is basically non-existent with people using it to get the most kills rather than play the objective. It's especially painful in Aniyah Palace. They've taken the point and by the time you get there they've basically got full points.

Anyway, I digress. I'm still loving this in Dom/TDM. Definitely one of the best CoD's in a while after the lacklustre last few. Battle Pass system is great and works. There's no advantage to buying anything. There's challenges coming at you from everywhere if you're interested. Just overall a perfected experience on top of an excellently made game. I would nearly go as far to say it's the best CoD for the total package. Still prefer AW/IW for the gameplay though! Still find myself wanting to boost jump and wall run around corners.

Well there's one positive for me with Warzone. Since it released, i'm playing extremely well in MP. Nearly every game is a far higher positive k/d than usual. Flying through the weapon camo challenges now. Nearly hitting 100 kills in Shipment when it comes. Have a class specifically for it, and use it to unlock all the camo challenges on as of yet unused weapons. Makes it easier to get the challenges unlocked together in normal games then. I'd imagine it would take half the time to do the challenges if they were all unlocked from the get go.

Played that money mode with a couple of lads i knew the other night. It's grand. More actioney than the BR mode at least, and feels like you're working towards something. Got a good few kills, revives, money drops, but got decimated by the number 1 team towards the end. Paltry XP return for the time put in too. MP is a lot quicker for leveling up. So Warzone is not for me. I patiently await the next proper MP update. Need a few new maps to change things up. Still really only play 10v10 Mosh Pit. Don't get as much enjoyment out of the other modes.

I reckon HQ is fixed. One minute you're winning 140-0 and next every HQ spawns exactly where the enemy are and they get every spawn from then until the end. Teamwork, as in other modes, is basically non-existent with people using it to get the most kills rather than play the objective. It's especially painful in Aniyah Palace. They've taken the point and by the time you get there they've basically got full points.

Anyway, I digress. I'm still loving this in Dom/TDM. Definitely one of the best CoD's in a while after the lacklustre last few. Battle Pass system is great and works. There's no advantage to buying anything. There's challenges coming at you from everywhere if you're interested. Just overall a perfected experience on top of an excellently made game. I would nearly go as far to say it's the best CoD for the total package. Still prefer AW/IW for the gameplay though! Still find myself wanting to boost jump and wall run around corners.

HQ spawns are on a rotation, same as hardpoint IIRC.

• Advertisement

Watch Francis Higgins playing as Tommy the bus driver on Warzone for the last week he gets around 500 to 600 people watching when he is on, it's good fun. He finally got his solo win last night it was brilliant everyone was delighted for him. Since the virus he is on nearly every night you can find his stream on YouTube on his channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/VipersClassChannel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Watch Francis Higgins playing as Tommy the bus driver on Warzone for the last week he gets around 500 to 600 people watching when he is on, it's good fun. He finally got his solo win last night it was brilliant everyone was delighted for him. Since the virus he is on nearly every night you can find his stream on YouTube on his channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/VipersClassChannel

Raging I missed his win I was popping in and out of his streams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Can you disable cross play on PS4 and still okay warzone? Wouldn't mind playing with Xbox people but I have encountered a few pc heads clearly wall hacking and aimboting. Very annoying as I hadn't a chance.

Was have my best game if solos on 6kills and got lasered by this fella with an ak. Watched him for the rest of the match and he was following people through buildings .

CptMackey wrote: »
    Can you disable cross play on PS4 and still okay warzone? Wouldn't mind playing with Xbox people but I have encountered a few pc heads clearly wall hacking and aimboting. Very annoying as I hadn't a chance.

Was have my best game if solos on 6kills and got lasered by this fella with an ak. Watched him for the rest of the match and he was following people through buildings .

I only play PS4 players it will ask twice to enable crossplay just say no and you will end up in a lobby with only PS4 players, it wouldn't be so bad if it could be just console players but those damn PC players ruin everything :)

It's such an odd mechanic to ask you do you want to enable cross play twice, every time. Not only that they lie to you by pretending they are having difficulty finding a match

Are ye sure thats a thing? on xbox it says that crossplay is required to play warzone?

Definitely not on PS. While it would explain a lot I'm actually just this bad.
    Seriously no crossplay required for Warzone on the PS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CptMackey wrote: »
    but I have encountered a few pc heads clearly wall hacking and aimboting. Very annoying as I hadn't a chance.

That's annoying.

Weirdly, I haven't encountered any obvious hacking whilst playing on PC myself.

I take back what I said about this being boring. Took a while to get used to the quiet periods off the back of Apex Legends. But turns out I'm actually pretty good at this game which makes it much more enjoyable. Loving cross play as well, screens are in big demand with this lockdown so I'm rotating between PC and xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Soooooo how long till they put shoot the ship 24/7 back 😀

Advertisement