Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Finished 8th in my first Warzone solo, including a trip to the gulag. Had recovered pretty nicely. Circle was tiny and then naively got destroyed while opening a supply crate that was out in the open

Also, I don't know if it's just my initial reaction from early forays into warzone, but I think the fact that I play Ground War almost exclusively gives a bit of an advantage as I know loads of the map inside out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Also, I don't know if it's just my initial reaction from early forays into warzone, but I think the fact that I play Ground War almost exclusively gives a bit of an advantage as I know loads of the map inside out.

That's why I don't go near it.

Had a quick go of Backlot this morning before bed, and I don't remember as many high points in it, especially in the middle of the map.

One other thing, I've noticed quite a bit of lag/bugs this evening after the update. One example I'll be going through a door and a second later I'm back in the room I just left and walking into the wall two feet to the right of the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

One other thing, I've noticed quite a bit of lag/bugs this evening after the update. One example I'll be going through a door and a second later in back in the room I just left and walking into the wall two feet to the right of the door.

Aye, teleporting forwards and all. Very bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Bring back flotation oxidation

Ended up in a part of the map completely new to me earlier. Did a double take as I immediately knew building I went into was down in the Port. It was an exact copy. Have noticed it a few times now. Not a huge deal but felt a bit cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Shanee. wrote: »
    Bring back flotation oxidation

Or just flotation :D

Ended up in a part of the map completely new to me earlier. Did a double take as I immediately knew building I went into was down in the Port. It was an exact copy. Have noticed it a few times now. Not a huge deal but felt a bit cheap.

Pubg and blackout are the same, it's all part of learning the game, you get to know the layout of the particular houses and can loot them rapidly while knowing the hidey holes in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pubg and blackout are the same, it's all part of learning the game, you get to know the layout of the particular houses and can loot them rapidly while knowing the hidey holes in there.

And exactly why BR games are not for the casual gamer. From my experience, unless you religiously play your BR game of choice, you're at an immediate disadvantage over those who know the maps/locations/drops. Randomness is the only thing to keep this different, but doesn't seem to be implemented as well if even MW has known good areas.

Just my opinion though. I could see the same happening on that game of backlot the other night. Those who remember the map well had a very decent advantage over those who couldn't remember it, or never played the original.

Some games were doing well with dynamic maps, but it was never really expanded upon other than a major map event which may change the same lanes/routes. Imagine CoD with procedural generation maps? If done right, could be a game changer.

• Advertisement

Is there a problem with the NAT type on Warzone? I've done everything, opened all the ports, added it to the firewall rules. No matter what I do it is always moderate.

I've been playing on moderate all along with no issues and connecting to <25ms pings so I figured it was a false reading, but as of today it can't find any games at <25ms and is connecting at the either of the next two up. It's laggy as hell, jumping back to where I was 2 seconds ago and then forward again.

I've got killed a few times while I was doing this jittery time warp and when I watch the kill cam I'm just frozen still on it even though to me I was jumping all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Warzone on PC is really pissing me off. Its constantly crashing to my desktop. No matter what I do it keeps happening. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, updating the game and my GPU driver, dropping all the settings down. Even tried a few fixes from reddit. Nothing works. When I get into the game after jumping from the plane it just crashes to desktop. No warning or errors. Its infuriating. The PC is well able to handle it, just finished Doom Eternal on high settings with not 1 crash or error..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Warzone on PC is really pissing me off. Its constantly crashing to my desktop. No matter what I do it keeps happening. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, updating the game and my GPU driver, dropping all the settings down. Even tried a few fixes from reddit. Nothing works. When I get into the game after jumping from the plane it just crashes to desktop. No warning or errors. Its infuriating. The PC is well able to handle it, just finished Doom Eternal on high settings with not 1 crash or error..

Does Warzone not hit the CPU more than Doom?

Is there a problem with the NAT type on Warzone? I've done everything, opened all the ports, added it to the firewall rules. No matter what I do it is always moderate.

I've been playing on moderate all along with no issues and connecting to <25ms pings so I figured it was a false reading, but as of today it can't find any games at <25ms and is connecting at the either of the next two up. It's laggy as hell, jumping back to where I was 2 seconds ago and then forward again.

I've got killed a few times while I was doing this jittery time warp and when I watch the kill cam I'm just frozen still on it even though to me I was jumping all over the place.
    Lag is gone, must have been the broadband. I'm still moderate nat though.

Warzone Endgame is just full of lads in trucks knowing full well they'll be able run you over before you get a chance to destroy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

My total download size after updating yesterday is 170 GB, this seems a bit excessive no? Did I read someone on here that in some instances file sizes doubled after grades?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

tbayers wrote: »
    My total download size after updating yesterday is 170 GB, this seems a bit excessive no? Did I read someone on here that in some instances file sizes doubled after grades?

Mine's 172GB. Think that's abouit right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Anyone else get the black screen after the latest update? I had to reinstall the game because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭klose

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Mine's 172GB. Think that's abouit right.

I've MW and red dead on my ps4 and have no room for anything else given whatever nonsensical ways ps4s calculate storage, I assume a TB will be the base model storage for xbox and ps5 but will that even be enough the way game file sizes are going?

klose wrote: »
    I've MW and red dead on my ps4 and have no room for anything else given whatever nonsensical ways ps4s calculate storage, I assume a TB will be the base model storage for xbox and ps5 but will that even be enough the way game file sizes are going?

PS5 is something like 800GB. I'll see can I find the exact detail.

Edit: Cerny said it was 825GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

TitianGerm wrote: »
    PS5 is something like 800GB. I'll see can I find the exact detail.

Edit: Cerny said it was 825GB.

Hard to believe in this day, that Console HD's don't start at about 4TB.

johndoe99 wrote: »
    Hard to believe in this day, that Console HD's don't start at about 4TB.

They'd just be to expensive. At least Sony let you use an external drive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Anyone else’s challenges not tracking tonight?

heroics wrote: »

I can't log on on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Game just crashed on me there. Couldnt connect online for some reason.

heroics wrote: »

I had one activate for long shot kills, I didn't get the popup in game during the match, but afterwards I checked the challenge and it had been logged alright. I dunno, it seems hit and miss at times

I didn't get the popup in game during the match, but afterwards I checked the challenge and it had been logged alright. I dunno, it seems hit and miss at times

Same here.

Earlier too i completed a sniper challenge by using a Shotgun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Im on xbox GT is kaiche, if anyone fancies some squads or special ops missions

only gripe i have is, i was down to 10 or so left, was killed sent to gulag, survived was respawned when there was only 5 left, i spawn with that useless generic handgun. No chance against those that are still playing. Should at least respawn with last used weapon.

• Advertisement

Im on xbox GT is kaiche, if anyone fancies some squads or special ops missions

added you there.

Advertisement