Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Homelander wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why COD's updates are so obscenely huge? I've got a few friends who have stopped playing as their internet isn't great and putting aside that it takes a long for them to download these regular patches, COD can sometimes break their usage cap solely from updates.

Is it some sort of anti-piracy measure or something? I've never seen a game before with even half the enormous updates this game has.

no idea, but agreed, the size is mental. patches are bigger than a lot of other full game install sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Glad I spotted the update posts. I'm "working" at the moment so put it on to download for later.

Loving the free to play Warzone stuff, Fortnite for grownups!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Glad I spotted the update posts. I'm "working" at the moment so put it on to download for later.

Loving the free to play Warzone stuff, Fortnite for grownups!

Well, very immature grownups!

I'm absolutely loving Warzone. I've never had any interest in BR. Solo is meh but in a group it's great fun. I've created a niche in my group as I'm the RPG guy and most of the others like to snipe.

I'm finding it difficult to move away from the MP7 which can put me at a disadvantage particularly early on because of range. I'm still no good but every tiny success is cause for celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Thanks lads.

Had to text my brother to turn the PS4 on to do the update lol.

The download is grand. It's the installing part that takes at least an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Anything good about the updates? New maps or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Reinfected Ground War.
    Look up, the infected have parachutes...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Homelander

Battlenet on PC clearly unable to cope. Download speeds of 80 kb/s since this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Well, very immature grownups!

I'm absolutely loving Warzone. I've never had any interest in BR. Solo is meh but in a group it's great fun. I've created a niche in my group as I'm the RPG guy and most of the others like to snipe.

I'm finding it difficult to move away from the MP7 which can put me at a disadvantage particularly early on because of range. I'm still no good but every tiny success is cause for celebration.

Both the Fal and Aug come into their own in Warzone. Aug with a 50 round drum will be competent in medium range fights too.

Battlenet on PC clearly unable to cope. Download speeds of 80 kb/s since this morning.

I can't download at all. It normally takes me a couple of days of trying. Very frustrating. They need more regional servers if they're going to take a 150 million player base seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

PC user, download 31 GB, started download at 14:00 today, it now nearly 6 pm and I still have 27.39 GB to go at a download speed at 102.59 KB/s that keeps dropping down to about 30 KB/S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Servers must be taking a hammering Warzone is as laggy as I've seen it. At one point the plane flying in stopped for two seconds.

CobraClan wrote: »
    PC user, download 31 GB, started download at 14:00 today, it now nearly 6 pm and I still have 27.39 GB to go at a download speed at 102.59 KB/s that keeps dropping down to about 30 KB/S

Same as me more or less. What I don't get is I've friends on PC who got it no issue and are playing online since earlier.

Maybe they got it super early in the morning before the real hammering began I suppose.

Same as me more or less. What I don't get is I've friends on PC who got it no issue and are playing online since earlier.

Maybe they got it super early in the morning before the real hammering began I suppose.

I didn't relies there was an update out today, would of done it this morning if I had know! Be lucky if I get to play at all today.

Update just stop there, had to restart it currently getting 0 KB/S

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CobraClan wrote: »

Try switching to the US server.

Switch to Asia region, pause and restart. I'm now getting 5.75 MB/s

Doesn't matter what server I switch to. EU, Asia, Americas - all slow as Christmas.

Switched to an American server and its now downloading at a steady pace 2.80 MB/s, could be faster but at least its moving along now!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭eastie17

On PS4 theres an issue where it deletes itself after patch install. I mean delete the whole bloody lot. Just went on to it there and its gone back in time to Season 2, needs a 90GB download to play! Thats 3 days of downloading, ****ing ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

eastie17 wrote: »
    On PS4 theres an issue where it deletes itself after patch install. I mean delete the whole bloody lot. Just went on to it there and its gone back in time to Season 2, needs a 90GB download to play! Thats 3 days of downloading, ****ing ridiculous

Happens on xbox as well, had to redownload all multiplayer and map packs. Shoot the Ship is back though which is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i had an error tonight, well i think it was an error. I downloaded Update 1.20, that installed. Then I was prompted to download Data Pack 1 (from the PS Store), which I did (2GB) and i got the installation successful message. Went to start the game to get a message stating "purchase failed, error code: CHASTISE". Warzone, Multiplayer etc, all greyed out.

I close the game, start it again to again be prompted to download Data Pack 1, i again downloaded and installed it, noticed this time though it was 18GB. Went to start the game to get a message stating "purchase failed, error code: a woman's name (can't remember which). But this time every thing is working, i can play multiplayer and warzone.

Under notifications, i see: Version 1.20 Installed / Survival Pack Installed / Data Pack 1 installed

So I'm thinking even though i was prompted first to install Data Pack 1, it was in fact Survival Pack that installed.

Said I'd put this up in case someone gets same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Xbox user here. Wow some amount of updates. All I wanna do is play war zone for half an hour. Very irritating to have so many large updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

The lag is chronic tonight. 18gb download for multiplayer too. 🀨

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Shocking lag, teleporting all over the place. Got the download this morning and played a bit this afternoon over lunch and was fine. Seems to be waaaaaaay more armour about the place in warzone.

Shocking lag, teleporting all over the place. Got the download this morning and played a bit this afternoon over lunch and was fine. Seems to be waaaaaaay more armour about the place in warzone.

Yeah noticed the amount of armour too. And rifles. Fecking hate rifles. Odens too. Seems you gotta do load outs to get a decent weapon these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishlad123456

Cheapest place to buy this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cheapest place to buy this now?
    Warzone is free. Xbox are having an Activision sale at the moment and it's discounted there as well, plus's you get a quantity of free cod points to put towards the battle pass should you be so inclined

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Yeah noticed the amount of armour too. And rifles. Fecking hate rifles. Odens too. Seems you gotta do load outs to get a decent weapon these days.

Kar98k and Ol' Dustys? They're EVERYWHERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've basically been offline for a few days and didn't check this thread, so I'm back on since last night, and saw a MW update in the background. Grand, ready for when I want to play it. And, as above, I go to start it now and there's an additional update to play anything but Warzone.

Now, I understand there's a crap tonne of players playing the free mode, but why punish us who bought the game for the multilayer? Why wasn't MP automatically installed? I've no interest in Warzone but they're only pushing that. It's putting me off playing.

It's time they completely separated the downloads and allow you to only download for the mode you want. I haven't touched Spec Ops, Campaign or Warzone since release, madness I have to update them all to play the 1 mode I want, the one I paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Have to bring my Xbox to my brother's house to update due to slow speeds at home. Have been out of action of call of duty for nearly three weeks now. Every time I try organising getting the Xbox to his house a new update seems to be in the pipeline. Very annoying. You'd get over a few 5 or 6GB updates but they seem to be very big. Only have 500GB harddrive also so have to keep deleting games from the console to make space.

Advertisement