Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yup, added hardhat and a new gunfight map - Aisle 9.

Aisle 9 is about the size of shipment with less cover and they have included mosh pit in it. Bedlam is a word you'll be thinking playing it, I expect.

Sounds perfect for me trying to gold some weapons 😂

Have platinum on my ARs working on my lmgs at the minute, two gold already ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

So is this new update only for MP and not warzone? Considering I only.play warzone that'll be a 40GB in the last month alone for ultimately nothing new. It's kinda crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

some good changes to Warzone
    No more gun turret - yaaaaeah
    reduced RPG damage - booooooo

https://www.infinityward.com/news/2020-05/MW_Patch_Notes_May_18

I don't have to unlock the Renetti dual wield anymore either

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fk sake
    I am only 6gb into last update
    It’s beyond ridiculous now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Really tempted to pick up the full game. Is it worth it?
    Loving Warzone and this is from someone who never plays online shooters?
    Makes me want to go back and give battlefront 1 and SW a decent go online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

Glebee wrote: »

Multiplayer is a different game altogether, although I do enjoy it. Can be very fast paced and frustrating but it is a much better way to unlock weapon attachments.

The campaign was excellent too. There's enough variety in the MP to keep a lot of people happy. I love Gun Fight, played a good bit of infected at one point and like small clusterfup maps. I know some people absolutely hate the MP though and there's no talking to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

Always loved gun game and its great when it's in the mix. I've often gone to CS:Go to get my gun game fix.

I suppose the cross play is a hugh draw. I get to play decent games with friends who are on PS4.

circadian wrote: »
    Is it worth the work? Started the challenge but it got real boring real quick.

I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed, my expectations may have been unrealistic. I got obliterated by a P90 in a shootout and the guy's aim was awful. To be fair it was very close quarters. I've absolutely mullered people with it too, I'm just not sure it's better than the grau, for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Homelander

I suppose the cross play is a hugh draw. I get to play decent games with friends who are on PS4.

It's the only reason I play it. Don't get me wrong, it's the best COD in a long time and I like it, but I never play it on my own, only ever with friends.

I think games like Overwatch and Apex have really sold me on true-team games rather than arena shooters. I hear Rainbow Six is very good in this regard as well.

Crossplay though is a god-send, being able to play with PC/PS4/Xbox all at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The campaign was excellent too. There's enough variety in the MP to keep a lot of people happy. I love Gun Fight, played a good bit of infected at one point and like small clusterfup maps. I know some people absolutely hate the MP though and there's no talking to them.

I don't really get the hate MP gets,I think its genuinely superb, with the caveat that a few of the maps could do with being trimmed down in size a bit.

Bugger was itching for a game all day, finally sat down and there's a 26gb good luck connecting to any of the servers download waiting for me. I'll have to stay itchy until tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Downloaded it in jig time. Problem is now getting a game.

I don't really get the hate MP gets,I think its genuinely superb, with the caveat that a few of the maps could do with being trimmed down in size a bit.

The complaints I see are around SBMM (which I like and think works well), sound (although sometimes people don't seem to realise dead silence is a thing), connection and campiness (which have been in every COD I've ever played)

It's the first COD MP I've enjoyed since MW3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Is the PS5 actually only 850GB? It would want to be a lot more with the size of game installs these days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mutley18 wrote: »
    Is the PS5 actually only 850GB? It would want to be a lot more with the size of game installs these days :(

Yup and the SSD is going to be very expensive. Same with Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yup and the SSD is going to be very expensive. Same with Xbox.

I dont get it, isnt the PS4 1TB, why go back?! Snakes :P

mutley18 wrote: »
    I dont get it, isnt the PS4 1TB, why go back?! Snakes :P

The PS4 was 500GB at launch. I'd imagine after OS there'll be 750GB usable storage on the PS5.

Based on today's games that won't be long filling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Dropped my console down at the in-laws two days ago to get it updated so I could get back into playing call of duty. Now another bloody update. It's getting ridiculous the amount of updates. Just leave it alone for a few months at least. Will have to bring the console down again. So annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Downloaded it in jig time. Problem is now getting a game.

I even had no problem getting a game. Problem was staying connected - had some very weird glitches, screen freeze but the sound continued, constant controller vibration, and then disconnection.

Still, it's fun and free. Will no doubt be back on later this eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Hoop66 wrote: »
    I even had no problem getting a game. Problem was staying connected - had some very weird glitches, screen freeze but the sound continued, constant controller vibration, and then disconnection.

Still, it's fun and free. Will no doubt be back on later this eve.

This was yesterday evening about 5ish, was fine a few hours later after I packed the wife off to bed.

Latest patch seems to have fixed my constant crashing on PC in Warzone. Before I had to change the name of the .exe file to get it not to crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I don;t like how automatic weapons are now in the Gulag.
    Thought a much better feel off the battles being close range weapons only.
    Gulag Loadouts – the Gulag will now randomly choose from 6 ARs and 4 SMGs. All automatic, no burst or single fire guns included
    Kilo 141
    M4
    AK-47
    M13
    SCAR
    Ram-7
    MP5
    AUG
    P90
    Striker 45

I enjoyed the full game a lot after several COD dissappointments. Thats said since warzone came out I haven't looked at the game

paw patrol wrote: »
    I enjoyed the full game a lot after several COD dissappointments. Thats said since warzone came out I haven't looked at the game

Is there more Multi player aspect linked to the full game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

what this game is missing is a flamethrower for the Juggernaut

Is there more Multi player aspect linked to the full game?

there is a multi player aspect to it - and that is what i played 95% of the time.
    I thought it was decent

but that said I havent revisited it since warzone came along.

Suppose I should add I did play a lot of fortnite and that large map , run and gun style game would be my fav type

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:It looks like MW uninstalled on my Xbox, did this happen to any of ye guys???? set to update over night and went to check there and it was gone

153Gb to install the lot its saying:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: on at best 10-15mb connection, but more in the single digits most of the time

How can it just uninstall. I am so pissed off with my internet connection WTF It will at least be the ****ing weekend before its downloaded.

How can a house in the middle of the second largest city in the country and about 200m meters from gates of an university have such **** broadband.:mad::mad::mad:

As you can see I a bit pissed off.............

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:It looks like MW uninstalled on my Xbox, did this happen to any of ye guys???? set to update over night and went to check there and it was gone

153Gb to install the lot its saying:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: on at best 10-15mb connection, but more in the single digits most of the time

How can it just uninstall. I am so pissed off with my internet connection WTF It will at least be the ****ing weekend before its downloaded.

How can a house in the middle of the second largest city in the country and about 200m meters from gates of an university have such **** broadband.:mad::mad::mad:

As you can see I a bit pissed off.............

You hardly have an external hard drive that's after coming lose?

Advertisement