Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Anyone on the PC version having the same issue as me. I'm posting what I sent to the AV support team and they are yet to get back.

"Launch the game after the install. Gets to the TOS page. Starts installing shaders. Gets to 3% Crashes to desktop. Ad Nauseam."

Specs:

i5-8400 CPU 16gig DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 6GB

Now i've everything up to date - Windows 10, GFX drivers, Added exceptions to firewall, Turned off firewall. Stopped background processes. I've tried every "fix" online and nothing.

I've downloaded and installed/uninstalled the game 3 times...

Slowly losing the plot.

Any help??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I'm still looking for people to help me with bunker 11 I can do the phones no problem but man power and time limit are the problem.

I got within 500 metres of completing the bunker on my own but the time ran out for extra time.

I've answered the phone a few times but never learned the Russian numbers. I'm not too pushed on Bunker 11, it seem a lot of work for a blueprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Did you turn off Nvidia overlay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Doff wrote: »
    Did you turn off Nvidia overlay?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've answered the phone a few times but never learned the Russian numbers. I'm not too pushed on Bunker 11, it seem a lot of work for a blueprint.

Piece of cake to do just need a few players to speed it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

as with others my warzone has gone to the dogs since the last update,
    my gulag was 90% plus success before now it's in the toilet .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

paw patrol wrote: »
    as with others my warzone has gone to the dogs since the last update,
    my gulag was 90% plus success before now it's in the toilet .

after a week of horrible games, we got a hard fought win last night. Almost makes all the $hitty games that went before it seem inconsequential.

I dunno about the gulag, since the auto weapons came in, I think I've only lost 2 rounds, i do think that they somewhat distract from the gritty feel of it though as you're less inclined to get up in someones face and challenge when you can deal accurate damage from afar.

I find the gulag fine, it's hit and miss for me but the guns put you down so fast unless you're really overmatched you're always in with a shout. Of course it can go the other way as well and you end up on a losing streak.

Quads definitely seems harder. Got into a great position yesterday then each of us individually imploded which was difficult to accept. That said we have won two in a row in quads.

I find the gulag fine, it's hit and miss for me but the guns put you down so fast unless you're really overmatched you're always in with a shout. Of course it can go the other way as well and you end up on a losing streak.

Quads definitely seems harder. Got into a great position yesterday then each of us individually imploded which was difficult to accept. That said we have won two in a row in quads.

quads is 100% more difficult - I reckon you've much more of a chance to meet good players in quads, plus you can have a situation where a fella killed at the start of a firefight can win his gulag and come back to join the fight again, putting the opposition at a disadvantage if they've also lost a man who lost or had a slow gulag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Can someone explain overtime in the gulag to me please. I've never won by capturing the flag, or by damage. Not once.

Had one earlier where I was the only one of us to land shots, he wasn't anywhere near the flag and then I suddenly lost.

If going for the flag, is it simply first there or do you have to attend a bit of time capturing it?

• Advertisement

If after a set time (30 seconds?) and there's no winner a flag will spawn in the centre of the map.
    If you stand by (very close) it, you will capture it, takes about 5 seconds and you're the winner.
    If no one takes the flag the person with the least damage done to them wins.
    If no-one takes the flag and you have the same damage y'er both out.

If after a set time (30 seconds?) and there's no winner a flag will spawn in the centre of the map.
    If you stand by (very close) it, you will capture it, takes about 5 seconds and you're the winner.
    If no one takes the flag the person with the least damage done to them wins.
    If no-one takes the flag and you have the same damage y'er both out.

I've definitely been shafted in multiple cases then. Have 100% shot people without taking any damage and then lost with them nowhere near the flag.

I'm actually not 100% sure on that bit. That's the way it works in Gun Fight and I'm assuming it's the same. It's always confusing when you both get chucked out but it's more likely that with the same guns you're doing the same damage to each other.

oh I see you've done damage without receiving any, so in that case I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Nice and one of the best Call of duty's of this generation
    https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1264942851017891846?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Homelander

Ah, definitely not one of the best Call of Duty games. Great freebie but I thought it was probably one of the most disappointing in the franchise behind Ghosts. Not as good as at least six/seven of the eight MW/BO games, or World at War either which is still a way better WW2 COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Servers down as per usual.

mutley18 wrote: »
    Servers down as per usual.

Still?! I turned off 90 mins so when it said server maintenance and would take 5 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Still?! I turned off 90 mins so when it said server maintenance and would take 5 mins!

Yep still down for me anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

Servers down again! It's bad enough you can't play online but not being able to play the offline Single player game is ridiculous. Why are their servers so bad?

Steam servers never seem to just GO DOWN and everyone has no access. It's BS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

after a week of horrible games, we got a hard fought win last night. Almost makes all the $hitty games that went before it seem inconsequential.

I dunno about the gulag, since the auto weapons came in, I think I've only lost 2 rounds, i do think that they somewhat distract from the gritty feel of it though as you're less inclined to get up in someones face and challenge when you can deal accurate damage from afar.

Agreed , I came 4th last night which was such a relief.

As for the gulag , I was pretty good at the close range stuff. Now lads getting me from end of the showers sometime I barely see them.

I won 2 gulags out of about 6 yest , that';s an improvement. I just gotta reskill I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What the hell I cant get a kill on warzone these days. Has something changed or has my game gone to pot?

I had the same feeling, shooting lads point blank and I get killed first

you definitely need to play the Gulag differently as you can now get instakilled from anywhere now. The tactical, if anything, is even more important. Throw it one way if it gets a hit rush, if not rush the other side, with the lethal. This has led to some confusion when I hadn't realised I had a smoke grenade.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I don't really play much Warzone but since completing this seasons Multiplayer 2 weeks ago I jump into at least a game of this a day. I don't think being able to buy a loadout from your multiplayer is fair as it takes from being lucky or not also Heartbeat sensors should be removed altogether I've had lads camping in house and pre-shoot me as I go through a door and can see from the killcam they used the heartbeat. Maybe I could take it if you found it randomly but you should not be able to equip it as part of a loadout. Anyway usually get to two games before rage quitting

I don't really play much Warzone but since completing this seasons Multiplayer 2 weeks ago I jump into at least a game of this a day. I don't think being able to buy a loadout from your multiplayer is fair as it takes from being lucky or not also Heartbeat sensors should be removed altogether I've had lads camping in house and pre-shoot me as I go through a door and can see from the killcam they used the heartbeat. Maybe I could take it if you found it randomly but you should not be able to equip it as part of a loadout. Anyway usually get to two games before rage quitting

Completely disagree. For every loadout I've got from a random drop I've bought 20 of them at 10k a pop through doing contracts.

Heartbeat sensor is perhaps a bit overpowered as a tactical compared to, say, a smoke grenade I'll admit but if it's in my loadout, I shouldn't have to build a separate loadout without it for Warzone. Most people have Ghost turned on these days anyway rendering the heartbeat sensor useless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

For quads have 1 player use overkill and the rest use ghost. Watch someone with a heartbeat sensor think they have the drop on a lone player and over aggressively rush into a team of 4.

I also see a lot of people using the heartbeat sensor wrong, or in typical COD fashion, have the enemy turn the corner and shoot them just as they pull it out.

Pulling out the heartbeat sensor scans 180 in front of you, so spinning around does absolutely nothing, but I see so many people doing it while spectating.

I've moved away from the heart beat sensor .. I'll have it in my first loadout but when I get the second or closer to the end game I swap it for stuns. It becomes more of a distraction near the end and everyone is running ghost anyway.

You can find them in loot boxes or on the ground, they're not terribly uncommon either. I'd be a hard disagree on removing loadouts, they're a huge part of what makes the game unique, plus it creates a goal / conflict to work to when you get a late buyback, that frantic push with your team to secure a drop for a teamate who only has a pistol
    Completely disagree. For every loadout I've got from a random drop I've bought 20 of them at 10k a pop through doing contracts.

Heartbeat sensor is perhaps a bit overpowered as a tactical compared to, say, a smoke grenade I'll admit but if it's in my loadout, I shouldn't have to build a separate loadout without it for Warzone. Most people have Ghost turned on these days anyway rendering the heartbeat sensor useless :)

I find its entirely dependant on the lobbies, a lot of people run overkill instead, and a late buyback / gulag return who can't get a loadout is always visible on it.
    Doff wrote: »
    For quads have 1 player use overkill and the rest use ghost. Watch someone with a heartbeat sensor think they have the drop on a lone player and over aggressively rush into a team of 4.

I also see a lot of people using the heartbeat sensor wrong, or in typical COD fashion, have the enemy turn the corner and shoot them just as they pull it out.

Pulling out the heartbeat sensor scans 180 in front of you, so spinning around does absolutely nothing, but I see so many people doing it while spectating.
    We'd generally treat any ping as likely to be more than one person for the reason i mentioned above.

Also, I think people spin with it as once the pulse starts to move out, and you dont see a distance listed, its safe to assume no ones in front of you, so may as well turn around and wait for the next pulse to go towards your back, although I think its actually faster to put it away and pull it out again.
    I've moved away from the heart beat sensor .. I'll have it in my first loadout but when I get the second or closer to the end game I swap it for stuns. It becomes more of a distraction near the end and everyone is running ghost anyway.

definitely see more people using stuns and flashes, and conversely more running EOD, but thats also down to how dangerous it is to be in a vehicle also. Its a pity they don't have the tactician perk from previous games where you could equip 2 non lethals.

Don't really see the value of overkill in warzone to be honest. You'll find a second primary in a box or in a body in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't really see the value of overkill in warzone to be honest. You'll find a second primary in a box or in a body in no time.

So you can have a sniper and assault rifle specced exactly how you like?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    So you can have a sniper and assault rifle specced exactly how you like?

Of course but I find sniping increasingly redundant in warzone, especially in group games where anything but a headshot from 10 feet only downs people now. I'd much prefer a launcher.

Advertisement